VOTE NOW FOR ALL YOUR FAVORITES FROM G.A. 2023 ×

Splash Water Falls

29yrswithaGApass

I never went on this ride since I never wanted to get soaked but I wish they would have kept it along with the Hydro Flume to help keep lines for Saw Mill Log Flume and Congo Rapids shorter.

Splash Water Falls was the first shoot-the-chutes ride that I ever went on. I still can remember how totally amazed I was at how forceful the wave of water was when it hit you while standing on the bridge. It was so "thick" that your friends use to momentarily disappear and it was like being underwater. Little kids use to get knocked on their butts!

I also thought it was really cool that Great Adventure had a ride with boats that were similar to It's a Small World or Pirates of the Caribbean.

I never went on the one at GA, but did go on it at Magic Mountain once or twice.

In order to build the one at GA, they had to take out some good rides.

Wonder if it was necessary for GA to build this ride, which took up a tremendous amount of space sort of in the middle of the park, when they already had the flumes and Roaring Rapids in place.

By the way, I like the shots of the Little Wheel in the background.

Another thing is that this was an outdated splash down ride. Both Dorney and Hershey built more modern and much taller splash downs making GADV's look tame. I remember a story my mother told me the first time she rode Splash Water Falls when it first opened, after she rode the ride she thought that was it? Even back when it was new people thought it was a one trick pony. Still I think GADV could stand a modern splashdown like what Dorney and Hershey have. Also with the old boats, as of last fall I still saw a few sitting by Nitro's first drop.

• 6 months later...