VOTE NOW FOR ALL YOUR FAVORITES FROM G.A. 2023 ×

Tour - 2011 Winter

great pics, sad to see musil express leave though, who had any idea so much more was going on in the park, FF gettimg new paint seems like a waist since it was just redone last year but glad to see it around, park better kick it into high gear only 36 more days to be ready

It does not make any sense to rename Fantasty Fling to Tornado. People who arent familiar with the park will confuse it with Hurricane Harbor's new ride.

Its sad to see Musik Express go, I was really hoping they could use it again.

Overall, I am excited about what they are doing in the park for this year.

It does not make any sense to rename Fantasty Fling to Tornado. People who arent familiar with the park will confuse it with Hurricane Harbor's new ride.

The Fantasy Fling is being painted red and renamed Tornado because it will now be sponsored by Tornados snack food. The food stand to the left of the Bowl-a-Rama will now be a Tornados stand.

gI_0_0_LtmdRaceTornadosChsyPprJackR.jpg

What are the Six Flags Media Network frames for?

We aren't sure. There were about six of them located throughout the park.

Was I The Only one who thought today was March 6? (Spotlight Schedule)

The good news is, we will still be having a Spotlight on the 6th. Consider this one a bonus Spotlight!

Thanks for the update! The park is really starting to amaze me in every way.

Key Notes/Questions

Safari Kids

-Wild Things selling Safari merch. is a great idea. Bringing some of the amazing animal park to the dry park is even better.

-Birds of Prey sounds like a great show that most adults would want to watch

Skyway Cars

-The sponsor by M&M should really add some color to the ride. Maybe they will look more like Cedar Point's skycars which is never a bad thing.

Tornado

-Although Harbor just got Tornado last year, that is a GREAT name for the ride. With the red paint job, I'm sure it will get a lot of attention.

SlingShot

-Probably my second favorite addition of 2011. A more extreme ride in Boardwalk is a good idea. It will draw a crowd as well since it launches a lot faster than erUPtion.

-Will this ride be ready by Opening Day?

-Also will it be a FunTime model?

Green Lantern

-The queue area looks to be one of the best in Gadv. Judging by the queue house.

-I know it's never good to go by Park Maps but Green Lantern looks to be a lot better than what I was expecting.

-Why are the top half of the supports White in the park map.

-The station on the map looks well themed to say the least.

-This is one big A$$ COASTER!

Safari Discoveries

-This basically proves that Gadv is one of the BEST animal parks out there. The entire Temple of the Tiger exhibit will get a lot of attention from guest.

-The new path area also offers great views of El Toro :)

-LLAMAS!

Conclusion

Great Adventure is celebrating the 50th Anniversary for sure! There are going to be a lot of new experiences in the park next year. Several on the west AND the east side of the park. Which hasn't happened in a couple of years. New rides, shows, upcharges, and animals. Even the park map looks amazing! There will be a lot to do. New Management is doing a GREAT job at running the park and we are looking at a great future!

I am glad the Wiggles are gone. Sad to hear that Musik Express has been sold to another park. I wished GAdv could have relocated and reopen it elsewere in the park since they have so few flats now. Good to see they have done repairs to the fort. I am afraid the M&M ads on the Skycars could be garish. Don't care about the upcharge ride exchange. I also don't think it's wise to open a Tornado snack stand next to a spinning ride and rename the ride after those snacks :Yuck: . They better keep alot of sawdust handy by Tornadeo. I am glad GADV is replacing GASM with another big coaster.

Edited by The Master

Great Adventure is celebrating the 50th Anniversary for sure! There are going to be a lot of new experiences in the park next year. Several on the west AND the east side of the park. Which hasn't happened in a couple of years. New rides, shows, upcharges, and animals.

It is going to be an exciting season! We really haven't seen this many changes in years. One or two things may be disappointing, but the good will surely outweigh them. We are heading in the right direction, and the future sounds really promising too!

By the way, Safari Discoveries (the Temple of the Tiger area) will incorporate many of the features of the Safari Exploration Station (SES). The SES will now be primarily used as classroom facilities and as an educational "campus" for the Animal Adventure Camp program.

The Safari Exploration Station has always been a favorite of mine and although I will miss it over near the Safari, this new area will allow for an even larger facility with better promotional possibilities to get guests to visit the Safari Park. The Safari is such a great asset to making Great Adventure unique.

I love the fact that they are starting to promote and sorta' expand the Safari's offering's. Maybe someday we will see a Monorail that depart's from the Theme Park for the Safari. It is looking to be an exciteing season for the park, alot is going on.

I hate to rain on everyone's parade and I know most people don't want to hear this, but I just don't get it. No matter how many times the parks change management, they just keep going down the wrong path.

Turning the rides into giant product advertisements?!?! People go to parks to get away from that crap. Yet Six Flags insists on shoving it down your throat at every turn. They make the parks an unpleasant, endless barrage of advertising to the point that people hate coming back.

And it sounds like it's just going to get worse. A giant marketing blitz for their new pizza partner, Fantasy Fling and the snack stand both pushing Tornados, and the skyride hawking M&Ms.

The skyride needs color, but by painting each car a different color like the old ones used to be, not with advertisements.

Between cutting down all the trees, blaring loud music throughout the park, and shoving advertisements down everyone's throats the park just keeps getting more and more unpleasant to be in.

This is why adults hate the parks, and don't want to bring their children, and the parks are a joke in the theme park industry. They have a reputation for being tacky, obnoxious, unpleasant places and the company works full time at making it worse every year.

Well there, I've had my say. I'll get off my soapbox now.

Go ahead, let me have it!