VOTE NOW FOR ALL YOUR FAVORITES FROM G.A. 2023 ×

Dark Knight Coaster

Shapiro said the Reason the Ride was a Family Coaster cause he didn't expect the movie to be as dark as it was.

According to IMDB, Batman Begins was Rated PG-13; When Has a Batman Movie Been Family Friendly? (Following All According the IMDB)

• Batman (PG-13)
  • Batman Returns (PG-13)
  • Batman Forever (PG-13)
  • Batman & Robin (PG-13)
  • Batman Begins (PG-13)
  • The Dark Knight (PG-13)
  • The Dark Knight Rises (Unknown)

Let's not Forget Naming a Wooden Coaster "Terminator Salvation- The Coaster"

The Dark Knight was not a family movie in the same way that a wild mouse coaster is a family coaster. The families that went to see The Dark Knight are the families that ride Kingda Ka and El Toro together.

I mean, if I find the Joker disturbing, young children who love Wild Mouse coasters would have nightmares for weeks from Heath Ledger's performance. That's why he got an Oscar for it.

• 2 months later...
  • 2 months later...

I really like TDK too, but as others have said the marketing was all wrong. I wish they would install the skyline on the front of the building and fix the broken effects. I remember what a mess the opening day for it was. There were hordes of bratty student council kids just crushing people against the ropes and other people. It's the reason I never will go to GADV on a student council day. Justin, when Skull Mt first opened it was very popular and it used to have a much longer queue than it has now.

My bad! those bratty student council kids would include me. i remember the media day was insane. My school's student council went, but i took off to go with my dad cuz hey if I'm going to six flags I'm not leaving at 2pm. I just remember everyone coming out booing it and you didn't know what to expect. The pre-show scared the hell out of me the first time i saw it. i was 14 when this came out btw.

I remember i was so disappointed after i went on it that i had to do some research cause i thought that some themed elements were missing. and I remember in the preview video here:

if you look at 0:16 you'll see the car going under a gas effect. i remembered it was in the ride. but i saw some videos of TDK in SF Great America that they DID have this effect. But if you look on this site (courtesy of screamscape.com!)

http://themeparkrevi...35&linkid=10971

if you look at the 10th picture of TDK with the lights on you can see that this effect is installed at our park. i guess its just optional. i think it would be cool going under a fog or spray effect kinda like New England's GCG.

My link

ya sorry i did a lot of research on this ride

Wow, I never noticed that. Good call there Andrew. I know the billboards for GADV's TDK no longer work, maybe they had trouble with the fake steam effect so they don't bother to fix it as well? The fire effect for the Police station no longer works either. Also in that trailer video, it looks like Batman on his Batcycle was supposed to have a bullet ridden billboard across form him.

Edited by The Master

• 11 months later...
  • 7 months later...
  • 3 months later...

I rode the ride this summer and noticed that a few of the things that used to pop up during the ride did not. Not sure if they are not maintaining it any longer. One example is at the end of the ride where it looks like a truck stops short in front of you and blows the horn with its headlights on. That didn't work all summer..

I'm VERY HAPPY to report that all of the effects on the dark knight, besides the final batman symbol, have been restored!! The horn now works at the end, the green gotham sign midst ride now lights up, amd the ride is back to pitch blackness during the whole ride. Made me very happy to see all this when i went to fright fest Friday!

• 10 months later...

WOW i don't remember and my youngest daughter takes me on this ride every visit. I know there aren't any pictures taken anymore but I don't remember if the booth has been moved. I see it there in my head but I don't know if its there in my head or if its still in place.

I will have to take note when I'm in the park this week but I'm sure someone will remember before then.

The drop before the last turn around towards the end of the ride. I rarely saw people stop to look at their photos compared to a ride like Nitro where you sometimes can't even walk past the photo area because so many people are looking at and buying their photos.

• 1 year later...