VOTE NOW FOR ALL YOUR FAVORITES FROM G.A. 2023 ×

Dark Knight Coaster

You think they may have did away with it because the fact that it blinded you when it flashed in the pitch black? I'm sure that got a lot of complaints.

Skull Mountain has one at the end of the ride too, so why didn't they remove them there?

• 2 weeks later...

I find the strobe on Skull Mt to be just as blinding and painful as camera flashes.

I don't like strobes in general and I hate the ones in skull. I think it could be different if they didn't face riders. Being blinded by them is not my cup of tea so I always close my eyes and it prevents me from getting sick too.

I close my eyes too. Even in the last row where you miss some of them by the time the back of the train gets close to the lights, I still try not to look at the strobe lights. The camera flash at The Dark Knight didn't bother me as much.

• 1 year later...

Agree about the strobes. Interestingly I rode DKC in 2015 and then again in 2016, and I seemed to enjoy it much better the first time than the second time, when I thought it jerked me all over the place. The best part about the ride when you visit during winter is that you can thaw out because it is inside. LOL

BTW - the opening video in the que area has to go - it is so lame it needs to be updated or just get rid of it.

Edited by dougdrummer

• 1 year later...

I think initially it may have been a time constraint.  The blue sky was painted on the building just a couple of days prior to the press event and opening of the ride.  The Master once mentioned he saw the panels for the skyline stashed under Batman The Ride.  (I never saw that.)  I doubt an actual skyline will ever be installed although some sort of projection mapping would be nice.

• 1 month later...
  • 1 year later...

You know how in the pre-show video, it shows a screen saying "I believe in Harvey Dent" for a few seconds? Well... I've decided to say that about another lawyer named Harvey.

1071453587_BelieveinHarvey.jpeg.c74a41b46ec37ff97a06d53703619d98.jpeg

• 29yrswithaGApass changed the title to Dark Knight Coaster
  • 11 months later...

I read somewhere that the original plan for this coaster was to be added in the chiller station & the Observatory site therefore movietown water effect would have remained & old country possibly remained open (I also read somewhere too that the original plan for this coaster was to have the exit to be in the gift shop)