VOTE NOW FOR ALL YOUR FAVORITES FROM G.A. 2023 ×

Paddle Boats

29yrswithaGApass

• 1 month later...

The Paddle Boats were a great ride in the heat of the summer. If you paddled across the waterway to the area under the lowest part of the Log Flume trough you could get soaked by the flume water overspill. The force of the water was just like the big dump bucket in Hurricane Harbor. Sitting under there drove the ride ops nuts because it often meant the boats were partially filled with water when they had to return.

i rented the paddle boats a few times as a kid, and i always got tired and my sister always had to pedal us back to the dock, and i would purposely go by the best of the west to annoy people feeding the fish, they would yell at you to go away,lol things you could do as a kid .....

It's crazy that people would intentionally jump off the boat and into the water, it doesn't exactly look like a place you would want to go swimming.

I can't even imagine how long the line for the Log Flume was in that picture with the overflow queue full. Isn't it around a 1 1/2 hour wait just if the main queue house is full?

I can understand why most people wouldn't take the boat out for the full rental time, at Morey's it isn't so bad because it is somewhat under cover from I think the ferris wheel platform and since it's not an upcharge you only get around 5 minutes before they call your number to return the boat, but at Dorney there was no time limit (not an upcharge there either) and they make you wear a lifejacket and it is miserable out on the water for more than a few minutes having to use the pedals to move. Canada's Wonderland had the best solution, they were paddle type boats but no paddles and it was on a track that was powered almost like an omnimover dark ride, so you could just sit and relax and not have to pedal.

I don't recall Great Adventure ever having those. I know numerous other places around NJ did have them.

I could of swore it was Great Adventure that had those. I trust your Park Knowledge, more than my Memory nowadays. I thought I remembered A "Water Tricycle" floating next to the Dock, but never saw it for "rent". And it was only one that was there. My dad took me on the Paddle Boats when I was a Kid, they were fun for the time period.

• 1 year later...