VOTE NOW FOR ALL YOUR FAVORITES FROM G.A. 2023 ×

Superman Ultimate Flight

29yrswithaGApass

Great spotlight, very informative.

I didn't know the ride was originally going to be in Frontier Adventures. I'm surprised the theoretical capacity of the ride is 1500 riders per hour, that's almost a dispatch a minute with full trains and it seems to take a lot longer than that most of the time. I like the ride but will skip it a lot of the time because of how long the line is. I only rode the coaster 5 times this past season.

Edited by Yoshi

It annoys me that so many people put this ride down. I LOVE this ride and ride it every chance I get. It's not huge, but it's fun (as long as you don't have to wait too long to ride it!). I wish they put it in Movie Town instead of where they did, but I'm REALLY glad it didn't take the Viper spot. Medusa/Bizarro is a bad enough fit for that area of the park, Superman would have really ruined things.

Pretty good spotlight, I think the ride is okay but I can't ride it more than two times in a row due to how uncomfortable sitting on the brake runs is, which can also be long at times with a slow crew. The park switched the main stairway up to the station. When Superman first opened you would go up the stairs at the front of the station. But like with Nitro, the front row line would often block the stairs for people who wanted to ride the other rows. In the 2nd or 3rd season they changed the queue routing so now you go up the stairway at the rear of the station instead of the front, but they didn't move the Superman standee to follow the new queue routing. Also in recent years the park removed the spec sheets from the standees of the different Superman characters.

i hate when people complain about it being a "parking lot coaster". If it was built where they originally wanted it, we woul have never had El Toro. A few parking spaces in exchange for el toro is a beyond fair trade in my book :)

I do with the ride had dual stations to help with capacity though, but im still glad we have a flying coaster in our B&M collection

It annoys me that so many people put this ride down. I LOVE this ride and ride it every chance I get. It's not huge, but it's fun (as long as you don't have to wait too long to ride it!). I wish they put it in Movie Town instead of where they did, but I'm REALLY glad it didn't take the Viper spot. Medusa/Bizarro is a bad enough fit for that area of the park, Superman would have really ruined things.

Agreed.

• 2 years later...

Yoshi mentioned in another topic about how long Superman's queue line is because of the distance from the entrance to the station. I wonder why the park didn't install the ride like the photo below? It would have still provided good views from the parking lot and about the same non-existent views from inside the park.

gallery_2_35_406781.jpg

I often thought the same thing, but if I had to guess it's for easier vehicle access to the maintenance building as well as to have the extra queue area (which especially when it was brand new) was always full.

What I've never understood is why they didn't build the ride with a load and an unload position so a train could unload, then advance to the load position like Viper had. It would have made the ride that much more efficient and eliminated the awkward hanging face down on the brakes while waiting for a train to dispatch.

It would have made the ride that much more efficient and eliminated the awkward hanging face down on the brakes while waiting for a train to dispatch.

That is my least favorite part of the ride and even only waiting for 60 or 90 seconds for the other train is uncomfortable. I'd to be stuck like that during a breakdown.

It also amazes me that with how much of a queue line the ride has, that during Fright Fest they still need to add temporary chains through the trashcans for switchbacks where the Superman shield is. I thought with a full queue it has to hold a line of least 2 1/2 - 3 hours.

Edited by Yoshi

• 6 months later...
  • 2 years later...