VOTE NOW FOR ALL YOUR FAVORITES FROM G.A. 2023 ×

Great Adventure Publications

That was fun to see. Except the 1977 Brochure's cover is just plain creepy to me. The reindeer-rainbow wearing "funky" disco clown's dead eyes and gaped mouth. The jug headed, ice cream drooling kid who seems oblivious to the stains he's creating on his cotton blend shirt. I know they're artist renderings of actual photos in the 'chure, but wow how did they think that was a good idea?!

Ben

In all my years of collecting Great Adventure memorabilia I was really surprised to discover that there were two versions of the 1976 pamphlet - both with the exact same cover. The maps inside are completely different.

1976A-5.jpg

1976B-5.jpg

I am curious to hear feedback on what you think of the approach with sharing these pamphlets. In addition to scans of the brochures we wanted to include details on how the pamphlets actually look if you had them in your hands. We did this by including the overall and individual panel highlights:

Overall example:

1974_04.jpg

Individual panel example:

1974_04a.jpg

On 9/27/2019 at 10:20 PM, Medusa42 said:

Nice!  I hate the 2018 and 2019 maps because I find them hard to use. I wish they would go back to the maps that list everything by park section instead of thrill level.  I know some parks are still using that style of map.

I feel the same way. The new maps are way too clunky since they don't fold neatly as well. 

• 3 years later...

When the park stopped handing out paper maps at the park I thought it was a decision of Six Flags corporate to eliminate paper nationwide. I was surprised to see on a video of SF Great America’s 2023 opening day that they have paper pamphlet maps this year.

We need these back!

• Like 1

• 3 months later...