VOTE NOW FOR ALL YOUR FAVORITES FROM G.A. 2023 ×

Why was the Switlick family against selling the land to GA?

I cant seem to find a strait forward answer to why the Switlik family regrets selling land to Great Adventure? from i have been able to find it seems that they were only mad about trees being cut down, but the park didn't seem to cut down very many during the initial construction. If anyone has better insight on this id love to know

They sold Warner LeRoy the land with the idea that he was only building a Safari park. Once they found out the plans were for a full theme park, they tried to block the construction in court. Great Adventure counter sued and won basically everything they owned because they cost Great Adventure money in delaying construction and the opening of the park.

• 2 years later...
Guest Moonracker7

I have walked passed the house and the swamp trails on that side of the strait. the strait connects to back stage by a gate that has barbs on it. and yes the strait is forested as is currently and on the goggle maps.

• 1 year later...