VOTE NOW FOR ALL YOUR FAVORITES FROM G.A. 2023 ×

Unused Book Cover Images

I was looking through a file of documents from when we wrote the book Images of America- Six Flags Great Adventure and came across a bunch of stuff that didn't make the cut for the book. (At least not Volume 1!). Here are some images that were early considerations for the cover. Obviously these were just rough mock-ups.

gallery_2_579_27816.jpg

gallery_2_579_5614.jpg

gallery_2_579_58156.jpg

gallery_2_579_37277.jpg

In the end we went with what is probably the most popular ride of all time at Great Adventure, the Log Flume.

gallery_2_579_68439.jpg

This (along with all the photo decisions) was the hardest part of putting the book together! We knew we wanted an iconic ride, and preferably one that had been at the park from opening through publication of the book. We also like the graphic quality of the Scream Machine photo...

I think Volume II will have to be a Skyride picture :)

This (along with all the photo decisions) was the hardest part of putting the book together! We knew we wanted an iconic ride, and preferably one that had been at the park from opening through publication of the book. We also like the graphic quality of the Scream Machine photo...

I think Volume II will have to be a Skyride picture :)

Volume II? When will this be released?