VOTE NOW FOR ALL YOUR FAVORITES FROM G.A. 2023 ×

Tower of Pizza

I’d like to dispute some of the dates given concerning how long the store operated under the McDonald’s brand. As a former employee of that McDonald’s and the franchiser who operated it, I know that it operated through the 2003 season, at which point our contract with Six Flags was up and not renewed.

I was employed by D’Ambrosio’s & Associates, the franchise owner and operator of the McDonald’s inside the park as well as the one immediately outside, from 2000 to 2010. From 2001 through 2003, I was one of the employees selected to operate the Six Flags McDonald’s store during the summer months (May through August). When the store was closed, we worked at the rest of the stores that the owner operated, primarily at the store outside the park.

When the store first opened in the mid-90s, it was very, very profitable, but as the years went on, the owner was losing money by operating the store. Additionally, the relationship we had with Six Flags management was never that strong and grew weaker over time, leading both parties to willingly not renew the contract with the park.

Therefore, I can attest that the location remained under McDonald’s operation through the 2003 season, at which point, we removed all operating material relating to the chain from the store to the one outside the park.

Awesome, glad to have helped! :)

I'm not sure when the first store opened, but I know that they opened the current building in 1997. The first McDonald's and Wawa used to be in the buildings currently occupied by Burger King and Seasonal World. They both moved into their new locations during the late 90s in order to better accommodate the high volume. Burger King moved in during the summer of 2000.

I'd like to dispute some of the dates given concerning how long the store operated under the McDonald's brand...

Therefore, I can attest that the location remained under McDonald's operation through the 2003 season, at which point, we removed all operating material relating to the chain from the store to the one outside the park.

No need to be so formal - we're just a bunch of fans here, not park officials!

:)

• 2 years later...

Just in from 1974, here are a couple of photos of the Tower of Pizza's dining area (located next to the Bandstand on the Lake). The stand is currently Bugs Bunny Camp Kitchen in Bugs Bunny National Park. Look at how new all the umbrellas are in these shots.

gallery_2_986_778391.jpg

This lady has a cool stuffed animal. There weren't any games of skill to win prizes in 1974 so this lady must have purchased this bear (or is it a cat? or rabbit? or?) FYI, the ribbon says "Dance with me".

gallery_2_986_455247.jpg

• 3 years later...