VOTE NOW FOR ALL YOUR FAVORITES FROM G.A. 2023 ×

Almost Anything Goes Fun Olympics from the '70s

Is anyone familiar with the Almost Anything Goes event they had in the park during 1976? It was some sort of fun olympics event but unlike later day employee events, I believe it was something that guests were involved with somehow. What was it? When did it run? Was it an in-park version of the television show?

gallery_2_579_6424.jpg

Although I did not visit during this event, Almost Anything Goes was a popular television show at the time and this promotion was tied to it with in-park guest participants in events that were similar to (if not duplicates of) those of the TV show (largely obstacle courses).

I vaguely remember the show. Carrying the loaves across the greased pole was hilarious. I do remember having an employee party at thearea during the show’s run. Teams fromeach operation competed. Somehow, myfriend Joe and I ended up with the responsibility of getting the outfitscleaned for the next day. Nothing likebeing in a Brown’s Mills 24 hr Laundromat at 2:30 in the morning, and still showup for work at 8.

• 2 years later...

I remember being in the show .We at Safari went there after work .But we had 3-4hrs to kill . Hello Cassville Tavern We. all went to compete feeling pretty good .I'm guessing that's why we won! Park champs whoo. I seem to remember cameras there.