VOTE NOW FOR ALL YOUR FAVORITES FROM G.A. 2023 ×

Warner LeRoy's Other Park Projects

FlumeOp1974

Ok, we all know he designed Great Adventure but he designed other projects as well. One of them was a theme park in Coney Island that included the Parachute Jump. And his obit states other theme parks in Europe. I've done all kinds of digging on the web and can't find any info on any of them. Maybe, and this is a big maybe, someone saved or knows the real story.

Edited by 29yrswithaGApass

I know he proposed several other park projects, but none got built. The one I remember was a huge controversy was he proposed turning Liberty State Park into a theme park. I believe they even did a profile of him on 60 Minutes at the time (and I wish I could get my hands on the video!), and I remember them showing Great Adventure as part of the interview.

He had more success with his restaurants (Tavern on the Green, The Russian Tea Room, Maxwell's Plum).

I know he proposed several other park projects, but none got built. The one I remember was a huge controversy was he proposed turning Liberty State Park into a theme park. I believe they even did a profile of him on 60 Minutes at the time (and I wish I could get my hands on the video!), and I remember them showing Great Adventure as part of the interview.

He had more success with his restaurants (Tavern on the Green, The Russian Tea Room, Maxwell's Plum).

I knew about the restaurants heck ate them ...But its theme parks that really got my interests. I know Ive seen the renderings for Coney Island and the Parachute. But cant find the thing any were on the internet. And Jennifer states in the obit he worked on parks in europe but no luck there.