VOTE NOW FOR ALL YOUR FAVORITES FROM G.A. 2023 ×

Themed rides you would like to see built.

The Master

Any movies, shows, etc you would like a ride based on? Can be anything even unlikely stuff that probably won't happen have a ride themed after it. I would like to see rides based on Blade Runner, LOST, Dr. Who, and MST3K.

I've been thinking about this question for some time and it's kind of tough. I mentioned elsewhere on the forums about a Charlie (or Willy Wonka) and the Chocoloate Factory dark ride and a Perfect Storm chutes water ride. But if you look at the top 150 All Time Box Office Hits, most of the movies have been already used.

There are exceptions- we could always get a simulator themed to The Excorcist. The cars could be shaped like giant beds and you ride it lying down.

I'd post a picture but The Excorcist photos are too scary to look through! :o

The Charlie and the Chocolate Factory still is an intriguing idea I remember you mentioning it elsewhere on the boards.

I would like to see a ride based around an old favorite show of mine from younger days Are You Afraid of The Dark.

I just remember that for a kid some of the show episodes could seem a bit creepy and twisted and I think they would translate well into some sort or dark or haunted attraction.

I always wanted to see Disney do a ride version of Mary Poppins. I even designed it in my head, and t would be just the animated section of the movie, where they jump into the chalk drawing. The ride vehicles were the Merry Go Round horses, and just like in the movie the little door opens and the man pulls the lever and the horses jump off the merry go round and into the scenes, with a suspended track just like in Peter Pan's Flight. They could condense the timeline and jump to the rooftops at the end, finishing among the kites, before returning to the Merry Go Round.

I always wanted to see Disney do a ride version of Mary Poppins. I even designed it in my head, and t would be just the animated section of the movie, where they jump into the chalk drawing. The ride vehicles were the Merry Go Round horses, and just like in the movie the little door opens and the man pulls the lever and the horses jump off the merry go round and into the scenes, with a suspended track just like in Peter Pan's Flight. They could condense the timeline and jump to the rooftops at the end, finishing among the kites, before returning to the Merry Go Round.

They do have one scene from it in the Great Movie Ride at MGM.

• 3 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

When they were planning the Magic Kingdom in Orlando in the 1960s, a Mary Poppins ride was to be located where Peter Pan's Flight is located.

Back to the topic: I would like to see rides themed to the following

Futurama

The Incredibles

Family Guy

Superbad

Duma (2005)

Luis L.

When they were planning the Magic Kingdom in Orlando in the 1960s, a Mary Poppins ride was to be located where Peter Pan's Flight is located.

Back to the topic: I would like to see rides themed to the following

Futurama

The Incredibles

Family Guy

Superbad

Duma (2005)

Luis L.

^ There are rumors that a ride based on The Incredibles may take over the old Disneyland People Mover track. You may be in luck!

• 1 month later...
Guest warnerleroy

There should be a Disney-quality( :Mickeymorph::Mickeymorph::Mickeymorph: ) Jersey Devil themed dark ride like Dinosaur. That would be INSANILY popular during FrightFest, but would ruin the parks "family image" Shapiro is heading toward. But if it could fit the budget and target audience, CALL SIX FLAGS!!!!! But the way the new management is running the park, if it isn't like Small World, don't count on it! I love that the park isn't just targeting toward a teen audience anymore, but they're not adding much more "family" attractions, mostly new kiddie rides. But then again, the park just doesn't have enought money for "Disney quality". Ahh, another great idea that could have been

A video game ride would certainly be an interesting idea, and with the world of video games allowing for anything to happen, there are so many ways it could be done. Something with nintendo would probably be the easiest as they are the most family friendly in terms of the big three makers, and I think games as controversial as GTA and other violent ones would have to be avoided. With that in mind though, I would love to see someone really put some thought into that and see what comes about!

They should also build a South Park ride. In fact they should have in 1999, if Time Warner still owned Six Flags they would have because Warner Bros. co-distributated "South Park: Bigger, Longer, Uncut" in the U.S.

Luis L.

• 2 weeks later...