VOTE NOW FOR ALL YOUR FAVORITES FROM G.A. 2023 ×

Safari Park Entrance Plaza

i wonder if the park has an idea of how many cars actually go through each year? also, on 9-30-12, for the first time ever i had the privilege of seeing a car ejected from the property for feeding the animals Doritos, the safari warden stopped them, took there plate # and radioed to security and to the theme park entry so they could not enter, it was nice to see it actually happen , even if it was the last day.

i wonder if the park has an idea of how many cars actually go through each year?

I believe they have records on how many cars went through each year, but only recently when they started scanning season passes did they get a feel for how many guests went through the park. They always new how many safari tickets were sold but didn't capture the season pass holder count.

I have often wondered in all the years that this entrance plaza existed why they never installed lights over each lane (green = open and red = closed). So many times booths sat vacant while others had extensive lines. People aren't the brightest and always seem to follow each other. Gates also seemed like an option that could have been installed years ago.

• 1 year later...

Am I the only one who doesn't care for the route the trucks go through the safari on now? I know it's now considered a "ride", but I miss the days of spending an hour or two leisurely going through the safari ;-)

Though I don't miss the mess the monkeys always left on my car lol

I have found it interesting how the safari entrance is still sitting there and clearly visible as you drive to the parking booths. Although it isn't odd for them to just abandon something and let it sit there for years. Maybe there's a way to make a mini drive thru safari. I doubt I'm the only one that would enjoy something as opposed to not having it at all.

Does it seem odd to anyone else that they would be doing "work" on the old Safari gate this morning?

Definitely seems odd. But, I'm going to give credit here and hope that they're taking the right path and simply not letting it turn into an eyesore. It does seem more logical, however, to simply remove it unless, of course, they have plans to somehow reuse it. Thumbs up for simply not allowing it to fall apart.

gallery_2_35_297663.jpg