VOTE NOW FOR ALL YOUR FAVORITES FROM G.A. 2023 ×

Introduce Yourself!

GAcoaster

She's actually the 2nd. livingdeadgirl12090 is a girl. Actually, she went to my school! I sent out a bulletin about this site, and she joined. Though I don't think she knows anything about coasters (other than my videos which she told me she watched), and I don't think she'll post. But anyway, Amanda is our first posting girl!

-Dainan "Amanda, you have ruined this site with your female presence :P " Rafferty

Hey everyone, I'm Christian. I've been going to Great Adventure for most of my life and I am very grateful to GA and Harry for putting together this great site! It helps me bring back a lot of memories from the park and I can't wait to see what more you guys have to roll out. I'm still relatively new to the online coaster community, joining Great Adventure Source about a year ago and I've been active ever since. I'm also a moderator at Roller Coaster Central, and I have a small site about Great Adventure called Great Adventure Net, which is partnering with the soon-to-open GreatAdventure.com. It's small and is nowhere near the level of Source, Insider, or Updates, but I just enjoy having a site to share my experiences and photos on. I'll be sure to share them here as well! Here's wishing to the success on this site and congrats on your new Forums!

Hey everyone, I'm Christian. I've been going to Great Adventure for most of my life and I am very grateful to GA and Harry for putting together this great site! It helps me bring back a lot of memories from the park and I can't wait to see what more you guys have to roll out. I'm still relatively new to the online coaster community, joining Great Adventure Source about a year ago and I've been active ever since. I'm also a moderator at Roller Coaster Central, and I have a small site about Great Adventure called Great Adventure Net, which is partnering with the soon-to-open GreatAdventure.com. It's small and is nowhere near the level of Source, Insider, or Updates, but I just enjoy having a site to share my experiences and photos on. I'll be sure to share them here as well! Here's wishing to the success on this site and congrats on your new Forums!

Hey Christian, welcome! We hope you enjoy your visits! :D

• 2 weeks later...

Hi all! I'm Jeff, I'm 15 years old, and I love Great Adventure. I just started getting really acquainted with Great Adventure last season, getting a season pass for the holidays. Since then, I loved it. At first, I only went on the mild roller coasters. Then, eventually, I decided it was time to muster up my courage and go on something bigger... So, with one of my friends by my side (who also had never ridden a "big ticket" coaster before), I went on Superman: Ultimate Flight in late September. Since then, I have loved coasters of all kinds, and have worked my way up, eventually going on Kingda Ka on the first day of the fright fest, 2 weeks after I went on my first Big Coaster. I have gone on every coaster in Great Adventure that was present in the 2007 season, except for Batman and Robin: The Chiller, which I miss dearly. As a smaller child with almost no courage whatsoever, it still appealed to me, seeing the backwards motion and the big tower with the Mr. Freeze hand that the riders would go through when they launched. I do not believe I was ever at Great Adventure to see the chiller operate, or, at least, I do not remember it. Hopefully I see my friend of old in Europe (And maybe go for a ride or two, probably more). Thank you for taking the time to read my introduction, and I hope to see you all around the forums sometime.

Hey everybody i'm Tom, I like rollercoasters and especially park details too as to what goes on and improvements (main reason why this is my favorite site). I like to have fun and meet people with the same interest. I've been going to Gadv since 2002 on a regular basis. I got my Batman side of the chiller credit as well as Jumpin Jack Flash credit. I miss Pendulum and i like to have fun when i visit Gadv. I wasn't so talkative on gadv source...some people know me formally as crashintomirrors. :D

AIM: Truepolak90

Myspace: www.myspace.com/truepolak90

:Rainbowsmiley2: Hi my name is Ben and I love amusement parks. I grew in So. California and i used to visit Six Flags Magic Mountain, Knott's Berry Farm, Castle Amusement Park and of course Disney Land on fairly regular basis. Now living in New Jersey I have adopted Great Adventure as my homebase amusement park. I have lived in Jersey for a number of years and would like to join a group excursion one of these days to GA. Figure this would be a great place to make friends. Take care everyone.

Ben.

Greetings all.

My name is Paulie, I am 40 years old and love amusement parks. I've been a fan of coasters since I was 7 and rode my first coaster at Bertrand's Island Amusement Park in Mt. Arlington on Lake Hopatcong. That park, sadly, is long gone but it started my love for parks, rides and thrills.

I remember visiting Great Adventure during it's first season and rode Runaway Train for the first time.

I've been going to GA at least twice a year since.

For the last six or so years I finally got the season pass and have been hitting the park at least five times a summer.

My favorite ride at GA is Nitro.

My favorite ride overall is a tie between Wonder Wheel and Cyclone on Coney Island.

Oh and just so everyone knows and doesn't think I am nutso, I blurt out things like "I love sandwiches!" and "Buttered Noodles!" for no reason from time to time. I think it's a symptom of pre-occupation of my second love in life; food.

Thanks for letting me ramble.

Paulie

Edited by PaulieGBones

Welcome! I am very envious of your having been to GA in 1974.

I was only 7 at the time and had very few memories until I saw some pics on the site. Whoever got those and all the information about Great Adventure are awesome to me.

When I found this site a few weeks ago I was awe struck by the pictures and postcards and well... everything. It was like a time warp to some degree.

If anyone has any questions about my experiences at GA I will gladly tell you all what I can remember. I am just really happy to have found a site like this with message boards so I can keep up with whatever changes go on at the park and safari.

I am not really big on Hurricane Harbor. I don't really look good in a bathing suit and am not really a water person.

Oh one last thing I think is important about me.

I have never, ever, in my life gotten sick from riding coasters. I only got sick riding the Condor when it was at GA. That was just too much spinning at too high an elevation for me.

Hello everyone. My name is Dan and I've been a Great Adventure-aholic since the 80's. I'm single and my favorite things to do are ride roller coasters and flat rides and complain allot when they remove them.

My favorite coaster at the park is Rolling Thunder and also El Toro, GASM and Nitro is okay too. My favorite flat at Great Adventure is Jump and my favorite show of all time were the Ski Shows. My favorite attraction is still the trees.

I worked in the Rides department from 2000 to '02 and came back in 2003 and 2007. I also worked in the Employment Center, Recruiting and in Training and Development. I had some really good times and it was the best job I've had to date.

Edited by darkridedan

• 3 weeks later...

Hi everyone. You can for now call me Nic. My first time to great adventure was in 89 and it really amazed me. I fell in love with the park and to this day is one of my favorites. GASM is my favorite rollercoaster at great adventure and out of others I rode. Here's how I felt when I went to the park in 94 and ran over to where lightnin loops was and it was gone :cursing: . Then it was in Maryland a few years running as python we were going to go to the park but I picked gradv instead and I'm happy because I gotten to ride both batman and robin a couple of times and the free fall many and charish the memories (viper too). I'll never forget the free fall's buzzer and trying to beat chiller out of the station because it was so loud. :rolleyes_smeyes:

Just want to welcome all the new comers. I'm still new myself so I hope you enjoy as much as I have.

Ben

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Hi everyone, my names is Danny and I've been going to sfgadv since 1997. My favorite rides are El Toro and Nitro. The Robin side of Chiller used to be my 2nd favorite. I never got to ride the Batman side because it was always closed when I went. I've been a sp holder since 2002.