VOTE NOW FOR ALL YOUR FAVORITES FROM G.A. 2023 ×

Introduce Yourself!

GAcoaster

Wow, it has already been a month since writing the last welcome message on Feb 26th. Since then we've had the pleasure of welcoming over 40 additional new members to our GreatAdventureHistory community! To all our newest members, welcome! We are glad you have joined us and hope that you find the GreatAdventureHistory site, our Forums, and our Galleries informative and entertaining.

We can finally see the light at the end of the off-season tunnel and soon Great Adventure will start opening its gates to park goers like us. We look forward to hearing about your visits and encourage everyone to share their Great Adventure experiences with your fellow members. It could be as simple as a comment or two or a complete summary in our Trip Report topic. Please also remember that our photo galleries are also available for you to share pictures of your visits - post one or two, post your favorites, or post your entire trip. If it's Great Adventure related you can bet we will enjoy viewing them, so feel free to set up your own album today. Instructions can be found by clicking HERE. If you have any questions feel free to contact any member of our moderating team.

Thanks again for joining us and Welcome to GreatAdventureHistory.com ! :)

• 4 weeks later...

Just a quick bump to welcome all of our new members!

We're glad to have you here, and there's all kinds of great stuff for our members, so feel free to explore and hopefully become part of our community!

Just wait 'til you see the great stuff we have coming next... ;)

hey my name's steve im 15 going on 16 i love roller coasters and SF I have been to great adventure, magic mountain, america, and the great escape. I love six flags my favorite ride at SFgav is nitro . The only coaster i have not been on in great adventure is kingda ka because i have yet to get to the park early enough to beat the line. In my free time i snowboard and ski i also run and operate a haunted house during the october season and have a website it is www.hauntedgarage.org it has not been updated as of yet though i expect it will be done by mid july. It is a free haunt and i encourage people in the area to come see it. Halloween is my second favorite thing next to roller coasters. ^_^

• 2 weeks later...

Hi I just joined today. I'm Josh and I've been going to Six Flags Great Adventure as much as I possibly can over the years and I'm looking forward to this season in particular the Dark Knight coaster.

Edited by JBell06

Hi I just joined today. I'm Josh and I've been going to Six Flags Great Adventure as much as I possibly can over the years and I'm looking forward to this season in particular the Dark Knight coaster.

Welcome Josh! We're happy you joined us. :)

Feel free to jump in on any conversation threads or start a new one if you have a new topic. Don't forget the Galleries area is also open for reviewing and sharing photos. Have fun!

• 1 month later...

It's been a while since we bumped this topic, but we wanted to welcome all of our newest members to the Forums and Galleries! Today we celebrate the one year anniversary of the GreatAdventureHistory.com site which we introduced on July 1, 2007. The Forums and Galleries weren't added to the site until November 1, 2007 and in eight short months we have almost 300 members! That looks something like this:

:) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :)

:) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :):P:) :) :) :) :) :)

:) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :):o:) :) :) :) :) :)

:) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) ;):) :) :) :) :) :) :)

:) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :)

If you have moment, please introduce yourself. We are happy that you have joined us!

hello,i go by flat ride lover,my girlfriend is lightnin nic,we went to great adventure yesterday,which was my first time there. i loved everything there,except for the food prices. we plan on going there again in the near furture. my girlfriend realy loves the coasters and wants to ride alot more of them there. i myself love any ride that doesn't take you down a steep hill or goes straight down. i hope they get more rides like the ones i love,which spin you around very fast,cause i don't get dizzy at all. i am from central pa and want to learn more about great adventure and the rides that it did have and might get in the future. :gaynana_love:

Hello All

I worked at GA from 1980 to 1995. As you can see I worked in a very unique department. It is a department that was rich in history both famous and infamous. I count my career at GA (and it was my career) as a very rewarding experience. The job was great, the people I met at the Park were fantastic, and if all have figured out the department from my user name, we were probably the only department that had access to ANYWHERE on the Park property including the Switlik mansion and the homes along the back road. There were so many great times, hope to see some in this forum. BTW, I hate the rides from having to work above and below them (not a ride mechanic)

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Dave, welcome to the site!

We are currently working on putting together show schedules and concert listings year by year. I have access to all the show schedules from that time (and every year since) and it's just a case of finding all the time to get through them and get them all scanned. I worked at many of those concerts. :D

Thanks GAcoaster, the concert dates I am looking for are BonJovi 7800 degrees farenheit tour 85???, Zebra, Joe Walsh, Quite Riot, Samantha Fox, Kansas, Eddie Money, Christal Ship (Doors tribute band) Cool & The Gang, Cheap Trick (2 or 3 concerts from 85-89) & Scandal. I grew up in Jackson about 4 miles from the park and to see these shows for $2 -$3 with a season pass was pretty cool. Have been to about 200 concerts but have no idea about the GA dates. Please help, Dave

I'll see what I can find for you. I know I worked the Samantha Fox concert...I probably can find that date with no problem. I remember standing next to her and she was VERY short, so you couldn't help but look down at her cleavage. And she was the only act I can remember that we had to make sure no one took pictures. Her management was very strict that there was to be NO PHOTOGRAPHY in the Arena.

Cool & the Gang used to play ever year (being they're from Jersey). We should be able to track those dates down without much problem.

Some of the concert's at the park that I went to were, Molly Hatchet, Ted Nugent, Golden Earring (Before they called it off) Bow Wow Wow (I want candy was their only hit) Charlie Daniels Band and a few that buster mentioned. I seem to remember more shows the more I think about it, so I'll probably come up with some more soon. And buster since you lived so close to the park did you ever go in by Canoe? I did a couple of times back in the day, and all the local's probably know what I mean.

*R*

No, I never snuck in, always went thru the front door. However I had some freinds that worked the rides who on occasion (many times) when the lines were long would let us enter through the exit; and would'nt you know it there was a ride available. Kids DO NOT try this.

Going by canoe is not something I'm proud of or anything, but I was 15 and it was pretty fun actually. Not like I would do something like that now or condone anyone doing it today, either. We went into the park behind the Arena all Mission Impossible style. The only thing that sucked was paddling out when it was time to go. After a long day at the park, paddling is not something I recommend. *R*

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...