VOTE NOW FOR ALL YOUR FAVORITES FROM G.A. 2023 ×

What is you most prized souvenir, publication, map, postcard from Great Adventure?

gasmspiritblue

I really don't have anything that great, I guess it's the mug I bought from Big Wheel Deals a few years ago (I miss that store!), that had all of the coaster logos on it as of 2005.

The last weekend that scream machine was open we bought the shirts, 2 beer mugs and 2 beer glasses that had the dates of the opening and closing. Then better yet... we got our picture taken wearing the shirts at the entrance and waiting in the que at 9:00 at night that friday when it was raining and no one else was waiting for it to open back up.

I have a lot of favorite pieces... but my #1 is probably my GASM bolt. It was given to me a year prior to closing and was told that it would be a collection piece very soon, I'm in the market for a keyhole key chain still and also looking for more poster maps, those 2 things haven't been easy to come across in last few years, the maps that had been for sale were going upwards of 50$ and that's a little steep. My collection keeps growing monthly and as soon as I buy my house I'm building a nice display case and insuring all of it just in case of another super storm..got lucky once, not taking a chance for next time

I have a lot of favorite pieces... but my #1 is probably my GASM bolt. It was given to me a year prior to closing and was told that it would be a collection piece very soon, I'm in the market for a keyhole key chain still and also looking for more poster maps, those 2 things haven't been easy to come across in last few years, the maps that had been for sale were going upwards of 50$ and that's a little steep. My collection keeps growing monthly and as soon as I buy my house I'm building a nice display case and insuring all of it just in case of another super storm..got lucky once, not taking a chance for next time

I would kill to have a real piece of GASM! why was that given to you a year prior, was the bolt replaced for some reason?

My Chiller bolts are very close to me. I have several red and blue ones. But what I love more than that is my Chiller wheel and Viper wheels, true gems of the collection. I have a Batman the Ride brake pad as well that is really neat.

Edited by IgetAround

I would kill to have a real piece of GASM! why was that given to you a year prior, was the bolt replaced for some reason?

It was from the block brakes, they were changing out one set early one morning before the park opened and they cut out the bolts and reinstalled new ones

Wow, how did you get them?

Through working at the park and getting to know several mechanics and higher ups in the rides dept that could authorize release of them. The bolts I simply collected as the ride came down like most guests did at the time.

My uncle has a enable/ stop buttons from loops. He also has a sign that states "this ride is temporarily closed, please enjoy another attraction at this time". He lives in Florida now so I have of seen them since 2007 when I was down there. I could not stop playing with those buttons!

• 2 months later...