VOTE NOW FOR ALL YOUR FAVORITES FROM G.A. 2023 ×

Dare Devil Dive

29yrswithaGApass

Great spotlight, as always. How do you know the exact dates of some of the construction work?

I took the construction photos myself and at the time used a camera that embedded the date on the pictures.

Great Spotlight as always! Quick questions: Do you know why the tower was partially erected and then taken down? Just curious. Thanks!

Pete

I would assume that when they went to lift the top of the arch in place it didn't exactly line up and they had to make adjustments.

How is Dare Devil Dive priced typically?

At Kings Island we have our own Skycoaster called "Xtreme Skyflyer"

And it's typically $10 a person but can reach $20 a person on busy days. And it's commonly $5 a person on slower days or in the morning.

I believe it goes from $20 for a single person, 15 for two people, and 10 for three people

No surprise to anyone that knows me - I hate this ugly eyesore. Another gray metal monstrocity that looks like a construction crane, like Sky Screamer, except they painted Sky Screamer a bunch of clashing colors. Right next to the big gray warehouse DDD just adds to the industrial park atmosphere and ruins the theme park atmosphere. Not to mention you have to pay extra to ride it and it's probably one of the cheapest things built in the park.

• 2 weeks later...

Seeing the updated spotlight of Garden of Marvels reminds me of what I dislike so much about Six Flags. Changes made to parks throughout the years should be improvements. However, the majority of changes to Great Adventure have not been improvements, but have destroyed what was once a beautiful, magical place.

Looking at pictures of the area with Garden of Marvels and now with DDD it is obvious this is not an improvement. GOM enhanced the area of the park, was unique and magical, and enhanced the entire park experience for the whole family.

This is the problem with Six Flags as a whole; A family-friendly attraction was replaced with an ugly eyesore that only teens and thrillseekers can enjoy. The atmosphere of that area of the park has been destroyed. Right next to the Carousel is not a place for such an attraction. The whimsical atmosphere of the Yum Yum Palace and Carousel has been destroyed by an ugly metal tower and gray warehouse next to it.

Obviousely they could not keep the Garden of Marvels, but they should have replaced it with something that fits the atmosphere of the area and can be enjoyed by the entire family.

• 5 months later...

Quick Question. Was this always called Dare Devil Dive?

I worked at the park in '97 as a retail sup (the merch dept filmed the ride and sold the tapes). I honestly don't remember ever hearing this name. Everyone called it Skycoaster, even the sales reports I got had it labeled as Skycoaster. Browsing the pictures it looks exactly as I remember it so I'm assuming the name was actually Dare Devil Dive even back then. I'm thinking it may have just been an internal thing or maybe just a merchandise thing. I'd be curious to know what the rides crew called it at that time since we worked right along side of them.

• 3 years later...
  • 1 year later...