VOTE NOW FOR ALL YOUR FAVORITES FROM G.A. 2023 ×

Rear Net Climb

When I worked at the park in the mid 80's and the Parachute ride was closed for high winds we would be sentenced to Bugs Bunny hell. I recall working this slide a few times, mostly helping the kids who would chicken out half way up the net. We would assist them to the hut at the top and then slide down after the kids made it back to ground level. For whatever reason, the material they used to make our uniform pants built up extreme amounts of static electricity going down the slides and would make big sparks when they passed over the bolt heads mounted from the bottom inside the tube. It actually hurt a little! :eek:

When I worked at the park in the mid 80's and the Parachute ride was closed for high winds we would be sentenced to Bugs Bunny hell. I recall working this slide a few times, mostly helping the kids who would chicken out half way up the net. We would assist them to the hut at the top and then slide down after the kids made it back to ground level. For whatever reason, the material they used to make our uniform pants built up extreme amounts of static electricity going down the slides and would make big sparks when they passed over the bolt heads mounted from the bottom inside the tube. It actually hurt a little! :eek:

I'm so sorry Harry! lol I'm so glad I've been at coasters for the past two years.

I don't know if I ever got to go to this attraction or not (I remember the net climb at Sesame Place but maybe I did go to the one at Great Adventure too), but it looks like it was a lot of fun for kids.

• 2 years later...
  • 5 years later...

I spent many hours on those climbing nets back as a kid. I recall only the right side net was open most of the time. Kids who were too small to ride GASM used to watch it drop from the open platfom at the top of the nets. Bigger kids used to climb on the punching bag things inside the cabin. Eventually the punching bags got pretty ratty and were removed.  

• Like 1