VOTE NOW FOR ALL YOUR FAVORITES FROM G.A. 2023 ×

El Toro

Anyone notice in the renderings and the video that the western bridge over to Medusa/Bizarro is not pictured? It does look like part of the walkway is there though. Kind of interesting since the bridge remained closed when El Toro first opened and guests were not permitted to walk under the ride. The brown gates to the left of La Cocina were initially locked up.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...

I was just doing ALOT of digging on RMC's Facebook page (they are very active on it) and their website. A VERY interesting fact about the design of "El Toro" i found out is that it was built so it can easily converted to either their "I-Box" or "topper" track without any modifactions, and their train's could run on it now even. And also the fact that RMC stated at the time they were fabricating the track for Cyclone and Colussus that they have future project's for Six Flags lined up already.

Don't worry about El Toro. RMC won't be touching it (again) for a long time, as it's still glass smooth for a wooden coaster. In the distant future, this interesting design quirk means a Topper Track conversion is practically guaranteed; long live El Toro!

Perhaps in, say, 2035-2045 we can talk about El Toro being I-Boxed!

I know nothing will be done anytime soon on it. I've had the 1st Train's of the day on Thurs for the past 3 weeks, it's as good as it ever was. But just goes to show RMC has had a plan for a little while now, before they even started designing their own Coaster's and Train's.

• 2 weeks later...

I was just doing ALOT of digging on RMC's Facebook page (they are very active on it) and their website. A VERY interesting fact about the design of "El Toro" i found out is that it was built so it can easily converted to either their "I-Box" or "topper" track without any modifactions, and their train's could run on it now even. And also the fact that RMC stated at the time they were fabricating the track for Cyclone and Colussus that they have future project's for Six Flags lined up already.

Where did you find this information, im interested because i didnt think intamin would work with RMC like that

Go on RMC's Facebook Page. They did a "Q & A" back in Jan. and one of our Park regular's asked about "El Toro" and a conversion. RMC said their "I-Box" or "Topper" track could fit now, and their Trains could run on it now, it's right there from RMC themselves, They designed their Train's and Track option's to fit all the build's they previously did purposely. When you ride front row on "El Toro" you can see that it definetly look's like it could be converted to either of their Track's easily. Although i think if they went with "I-Box" on "El Toro" they would change out any wood to steel that touches the Track.

It seems RMC definetly had a plan while doing the build's on "El Toro" and "T-Express" for Intamin. I know if they went with a topper track (i know they are not anytime soon) with just the same design even, i could only imagine how smooth of a ride it could be, and i think it might even be a little bit faster with less friction and diff wheel's on Toro's Trains even. And it is really safe to say at this point that "El Toro" is more an RMC Coaster than an Intamin one. All Intamin did was the design, and manufacture the Trains. RMC was the ones that figured out how to pre-fab, and develop the tech to get the "twist's" on wood that was never possible before. And in the future RMC will do any repair's, and when it does eventually need new Train's, i doubt they will get new Intamin ones. Once that happen's Intamin won't have anything to do with Toro anymore at all.

Edited by Railer

^Interesting fact, Intamin has stated that they are easily able to do inversions on their wooden coasters, it's just that no one has asked them to do so.

It is still very much an Intamin design, however. El Toro was completely based on Colossos at Heide Park in Germany--Six Flags Execs were looking at Colossos around the time they decided on a 2006 coaster, and El Toro came to be.

RMC helped with the manufacturing/engineering, Intamin designed the layout/specifics. I'd still call it an Intamin coaster at this point.

^Agreed. I looked back on speculation from 2006, and this is very true. If you compare both POV's they are similar; the first 4 elements are identical, actually.