VOTE NOW FOR ALL YOUR FAVORITES FROM G.A. 2023 ×

8/29/13

gasmspiritblue

This is a little delayed, but i still wanted to do this. So from knowing about Rolling Thunder being removed for a while now, we were gonna go the day before the announcement, but it rained, so we went the next day. We got to the park at 3:00 and went right to Rolling Thunder. The line was not that bad, it was a little after the tunnel. After about 10 minets, people started walking out of the station, ALOT like the whole station emptied, and we weren't on the steps though, so since it emptied we just walked right into the station. They sent a empty test run of the yellow train, but they loaded up the blue train immediately. There was no extra line for the front of the train, just a usual row it seemed. The green train was sitting on the right side of the station, and the red in storage. It really hit me when the air gates opened and it walke into the train that this is the last time i will ever do this. The ride was running so smooth. I am really sad that its going, but it dosent seem real yet. Once we got off we went to Bizarro since El Toro was closed, the line was too long so we went to nitro, 3 trains were running and from the usual "long" wait on nitro, it took 15-20 minets not bad at all. After that we went on Batman which had a station wait, which was not long at all 5 minets tops not even. There was no wait for DejaVu so we hit that really quick. Next we headed to Green Lantern which to my surprise had a line. The dispatches were worse then thunder, all the switchbacks were full which took forever, even with the 3rd train not here anymore, they still stacked, for minets at times. It was a decent line, but not worth the wait. After that we got Nathans, the first time i ever got it at ga, it was a good quick lunch. At lunch i was in Facebook and gadv online said that they had reports of El Toro on the lift, so we went over there to check it out, we waited to see if anything would happen, and sure enough the train came out of no where with water dummies. It was entertaining seeing water burst out of their heads on the hills lol. Since we were they we tried Bizarro again, and the line was at the bottom of the steps so we went on. It was about 5-10 minet wait,in the station, the lights were flickering on and off constantly, at first i thought it was the rides power, but quickly noticed it was the ride attendant scaring the guests with the light switch! The dispatches started to get really bad when we were in the station, all 3 trains stacking, meanwhile all the team members and operators were chatting away at the control panel getting a snack and something to drink without a care in the world. After getting off that disaster, we checked out RMT wich was a 0-5 minet wait. The blue train was having problems so it was running empty, so really the ride was only running one train. It was a good ride, it just inda tight cause i noticed as i get older,it's annoying sitting in those cars, plus i was on a verge of a charlie horse the whole ride in my leg. It was 8:00 so we called it a day and let the park. It was a good trip and rip Rolling Thunder, thank you for 34 years of thrills! (ps, when they built thunder my dad was 14, and when they are closing it im 14 lol)

Ride Count

Rolling Thunder Left- 1

Nitro- 1

Batman-1

DejaVu- 1

Green Lantern- 1

Bizarro- 1

RMT- 1

Total- 7

Food

Nathans

My Rolling Thunder video:

Pictures:

gallery_2081_828_984028.jpg

gallery_2081_828_1776434.jpg

gallery_2081_828_1826950.jpg

gallery_2081_828_120980.jpg

gallery_2081_828_1620443.jpg

gallery_2081_828_345421.jpg

gallery_2081_828_179284.jpg

gallery_2081_828_23916.jpg

gallery_2081_828_123112.jpg

Edited by gasmspiritblue

Bizarro with a line? That's a first. I don't know if it is just me, but when I go Bizarro never has more than around a 15-20 minute wait, although sometimes a little more cause I agree with you about the slow dispatching. Whenever I go on Bizarro, once the ride is over, you wait at least 5 minutes before going back into the station, they should really do something to speed it up.