VOTE NOW FOR ALL YOUR FAVORITES FROM G.A. 2023 ×

Six Flags Over Georgia Adding Thomas Town For 2008

GAcoaster

From the Six Flags Over Georgia website:

Brand New for the 2008 Season! Take a ride around the Island of Sodor on Thomas the Tank Engine or meet Sir Topham Hatt, Controller of the Railway. Sir Topham Hatt will be on hand to pose for photos with you and your family. Stop by the Thomas & Friends store to get your favorite Thomas storybooks, clothing and diecast trains!

Thomas the Tank Engine - A cheeky, fussy, true blue engine who proudly wears the #1 on his side as he makes tracks to great destinations on the Island of Sodor. At Six Flags Over Georgia, the Thomas the Tank Engine attraction is a replica of Thomas with two passenger trains, Annie and Clarabel that can welcome up to 30 passengers to see all the Thomas Town sights. All Aboard!

Sir Topham Hatt Meet and Greet- Families can stop by throughout the day and meet, greet and pose for fun photos with Sir Topham Hatt, Controller of the Railway.

Thomas & Friends Gift Shop- Kids will want to remember their trip to the Island of Sodor by stopping by and browsing through a wide selection of Thomas & Friends brand shirts, toys, books and souvenirs.

• 1 year later...

Here are some photos I took today of Thomas Town at Six Flags Over Georgia today. The area is quite limited and fits within the footprint of the removed Deja Vu coaster. It consists of a play/slide structure on the left, two vehicles to climb on on the right, and the signature Thomas the Tank Engine ride with its station and gift shop towards the rear of the area.

IMG_0987.jpg

IMG_0989.jpg

IMG_0996.jpg

IMG_0988.jpg

IMG_0990.jpg

IMG_0993.jpg

IMG_0994.jpg

IMG_0995.jpg

IMG_0998.jpg

It's actually better looking than I thought it would be. I think the play structure is a better addition than a couple of generic flat rides. SFOG has plenty of kid/family rides, but lacked any kind of play structures like that.

^ I still think it's a good idea. LTSP is gross nowadays and needs some paint and TLC, which will likely never happen unless it's rethemed as something else. Plus it would be the perfect location for Thomas Town, as there's room for rides, a store, and a train ride that could go through the woods, not next to the parking lot like at SFOG. And it'd be a win on Six Flags' end because they could remove even more of the rides to have fewer staff requirements, all while creating a cool, modern kids nook of the park.

I think GAdv needs to think about adding rides, not removing more rides since they are alreadly low on flat rides these days. Yeah it would be a good way to re hash the LTSP area but I think there are far more pressing matters in the park since it has plenty of kiddie rides but is low on family rides and water rides.

Edited by The Master