VOTE NOW FOR ALL YOUR FAVORITES FROM G.A. 2023 ×

Retro Trip Report: March 26, 1994

29yrswithaGApass

I would have preferred for them to have built the Right Stuff Mach 1 Adventure in Movie Town where they already had a Right Stuff mini land with the Centrifuge (Scrambler) and Space Shuttle (Looping Starship).

I have always thought the Autobahn was a very attractive bumper car facility and hope that it rejoins the ride line-up someday.

I would have preferred for them to have built the Right Stuff Mach 1 Adventure in Movie Town where they already had a Right Stuff mini land with the Centrifuge (Scrambler) and Space Shuttle (Looping Starship).

I have always thought the Autobahn was a very attractive bumper car facility and hope that it rejoins the ride line-up someday.

Definitely in agreement that Right Stuff should have went to Movietown and, yes, Autobahn was a perfect addition to Old Country. I really don't understand the closing of an entire section of the park especially when retiring three flats that remain popular today. I believe both Music Express and Enterprise are still in production today.

By the way, what ever happened to the white tigers? I know they made an apprearance in The Golden Kingdom, but I believe those were relocated from either the late SFWOA or SFDK.

Edited by Daved Thomson

^ Actually, the Enterprise closed in 2007 one year prior to the Old Country section. The Old Country closed starting in 2008 after the Chiller was removed. It came at a time when they were trying to cut costs like crazy and shuttered the Autobahn and Musik Express which were sandwiched between empty or closed ride and show sites.

I'd love to see the area reopen with a new Musik Express (the old one is all but gone). If the park does actually add a show to the Showcase Theatre next year, maybe they will reopen it and provided a more direct route to the theater. Fingers crossed.

I think those original white tigers are still in the Safari along with some of the cats from the tiger show. There are several different pen areas in that section of the Safari.

2013_06_01_IMG_3308%20copy.jpg