VOTE NOW FOR ALL YOUR FAVORITES FROM G.A. 2023 ×

Was the Fort's lower level once open?

Does anyone know if the first level portion of the Fort facing the Log Flume (Photo #1) was ever open as an extension of the lower queue line? It appears like it may have been open at one time based upon the boarded-up look and maybe as a continuation of the small lower queue line that still exists today (Photo #2).

Photo #1:

gallery_2_35_277409.jpg

Photo #2:

gallery_2_35_518940.jpg

• 10 months later...

Hmmm...You're correct. it was used as queue for the Sky Ride Lakeside to help with the crowding in the Fort itself. Back in the day the area would be packed with guests for the Runwawway Mine Train and Sky Ride and the big tower on the lakeside was used as an exit for that side. I belive I stated thie earlier and was told otherwise but it was a good way to ease and divide the guests arriving from Strawberry Fair..Half dumping out by the log flume and the other on the Mine Train.

• 8 months later...

Harry, this picture appears to be at least 1978. Note what appears to be a Delta Airlines cable car with a dark blue roof/white body in the Western Station.

That is just the shadow. It is acutally one of the yellow Sky Ride cars from the earliest years. The fencing outside the Fort places it in 1974/1975. By 1976 the fencing was replaced (see below):

1976%20DT-33354-D%20copy.jpg