VOTE NOW FOR ALL YOUR FAVORITES FROM G.A. 2023 ×

Retro Trip Report: Summer of 1977

29yrswithaGApass

As mentioned in this trip report, these photos were taken from screen captures off of an 8mm film. As such, the still images aren't the best, but still offer some great views of the park from back in 1977.

I will upload the film footage to our video library soon. In the meantime, I hope you enjoy these photos.

• 2 weeks later...

Great pictures of the last season before Six Flags took over! I don't know if you noticed, but the picture of the Fountain is not from the 1977 season... The Fountain had all the jets in the center at that time, producing a single, much higher spout of water.

^ You're right Daved. The fountain and two other views of the Carousel and Yum Yum Palace with the candy cane columns painted solid were part of the 8mm film. I knew they looked out of place but the maker of the film did such a great job of splicing the film that I couldn't detect the break. Evidentially, he went on two trips - one in 1977 and one in 1978. He inserted his 1978 trip in between the safari and theme park portions of the 1977 trip which caused the confusion. The Retro Trip Report Spotlight has been updated to include only 1977 images.