VOTE NOW FOR ALL YOUR FAVORITES FROM G.A. 2023 ×

Day 20 - Add an Onsite Hotel/Indoor Waterpark

• 2 weeks later...

When I was doing VIP Tours at the park I heard form several of my guests that they were frustrated that there was no hotel anywhere near the park. The idea of "staycations" has not gone away and having a place where a family can just get away for a day or two is a really good idea. Jackson's proximity to so many other places means that there are MILLIONS of day trippers from Boston to DC (and everywhere in between) who would do something like this, especially if it included an indoor waterpark.

The Great Wolf Lodge in the Poconos is further from the big cities and has fewer attractions adjacent to it and further away from it and seems to do well. In Jackson there are golf courses, the beaches are just a half hour away, there are historic sites in the area (Princeton, Monmouth Battlefield, Allaire State Park) and there is shopping all in addition to Great Adventure. In addition when you look at the list of amenities in the lodge you can see there is plenty to do for a weekend getaway.

If the waterpark was open year round, it would be a fun place to go during the offseason. Maybe if they had an all year attraction open like an indoor waterpark it would also help convince them to add Holiday In The Park.

Aren't there plans for a hotel to be built in Jackson near the park? If that hotel is built, then this wish could finally come true after the idea of a hotel on or near the park property faded away a number of years ago.

Edited by RC98

I would rather not see them build one since GADV is plenty crowded as is. However if they are smart about it, they should look at the Holiday Inn by SFStL which had a very large indoor pool and arcade they called the playdome. Many of the rooms overlooked the indoor pool, it was very nice. A GADV hotel would need something like an indoor waterpark and a large indoor pool.