VOTE NOW FOR ALL YOUR FAVORITES FROM G.A. 2023 ×

Day 22 - Reopen Old Country with New Attractions

• 2 weeks later...

Budget cuts I think? Old Country was closed after the 2007 season, around the same time as numerous other flat rides were removed.

As for its reopening, if it was reopened I don't think either of the two rides there now would return. We have new bumper cars and Déjà Vu is our park's version of a Music Express. We would probably see completely different rides if Old Country was reopened.

The park had two bumper car rides at the same time for over 15 years so having both Autobahn and Fender Benders is definitely possible. The Autobahn is a pretty substantial structure (not just a temporary set up) so that plays in to the ride staying.

In my opinion I think the park should carefully consider how it can best redevelop both the Old Country and Movie Town sections. With these areas so close to the park entrance and home to the park's only indoor theater, with the right installations Great Adventure could develop these sections as a small "park within the park" that could be opened for a winter/holiday event.