VOTE NOW FOR ALL YOUR FAVORITES FROM G.A. 2023 ×

Safari Stampede

Other than a few rhinos and and such getting too close to the section gates I remember one evening a rhino got out the swing gate between the elephant/rhino barn and the giraffe barn. There is a section of a wooded area stretching from the giraffe barn towards the African plains/elephant sections gate, it was like a long wedge of woods. Butch, Gary, me and a few others spent most of the night trying to corral the rhino by foot and with a tractor with head lights which Butch was driving. For hours we would herd him in the right direction just to have him charge back in the other direction, but finally we did get him turned back into his own pad at the rhino side of the barn.

• 10 months later...

Yes there was a (stampede) .If I remember right the gate person on gate 3 came on the radio yelling their getting through the gate. Only problem was she never said which gate. Needless to say most wardens floored the gas to check their gates. Turns out two rhinos were fighting and went through gate3 into the American sect. they were brought back right away by Luc(lion5).I know this is right I married her (Carol).I don't think she ever lived it down.

Edited by Randy M