VOTE NOW FOR ALL YOUR FAVORITES FROM G.A. 2023 ×

Great Adventure History Museum

Now for some details....

Over the past several weeks GreatAdventureHistory.com has had the pleasure of teaming up with the park to put together a small exhibit to celebrate the 40th Anniversary of Great Adventure! Scheduled to open in a couple of days, a "museum" will be housed in the red and white Dream Street Tent and provide a look back at Great Adventure through the years. The display will include photographs, vintage signs, old ride vehichles and props, memorabilia, trivia, and more. Once open, we hope you will have an opportunity to stop by and relive some Great Adventure history!

gallery_2_972_143534.jpg

• Like 1

Happy 40th to each and every one of you. I can still remember stepping foot into Great Adventure for the first time in August 1974 and thinking I was in another world for the rest of the day. Man, I have all of these memories flowing through my mind right now. Those pictures of the Calypso and Monster Spin really hit home.

Harry. Thank-you. Great Adventure has played such a big part in my career field. it helped me develope into a true Theme Park junkie. Allowing me to go on and work as some of the east coasts greatest and smallest parks. And with each step weather it be Rocky Glen in Pa. Or Disney World in Fl. I always look back at my years a t Great Adventure with fond memories. And how proud I was and stil am to have been part of The Magic and Spectical that was Great Adventure. And to have made it a sucsess. it its infiant stages of the first two years. And to have meant Warner Le Roy. And members of Hardwicke. It was their commitment and passion, For the project, that made me choose my path. And not see it as a summer job. For it was this that sent me on my own perssonal Great Advneture. Thank you Again.

Well yes today 40 yrs ago the park opened its gates to the public..I was involved with the park 2 yrs before as they bought all our animals from World Of Animals , in Mesquite, Tx.. I was also lucky enough to be sent to Africa to bring back the elephants...believe me it was one of the hardest things to do when I left and moved on with my animal career..I want to Thank Butch Dring ..Lion 1 for choosing me to go..I looked though the pages today and now being 61 , I remember my youth with a different perspective..

Edited by Yoshi