VOTE NOW FOR ALL YOUR FAVORITES FROM G.A. 2023 ×

Great Adventure Dreams and Desires

Intaminous_Me

Go ahead! Spit out all those awesome coaster dreaming ideas for the park! Share any cool and crazy thoughts and wishes for future coaster possibilities--they're endless.We should have some great ideas after a disappointing announcement for next year.

Edited by Intaminous_Me

Intaride style giga is all I've wanted for the last like 4 years XD

A blitz would be great though, especially a maverick style, or even a hydraulic launched blitz

An RMC would be nice, but ultimately it would take away from El Toro. They should build a nice, family friendly GCI

They can go ahead and build a wingrider, but it had better have better pacing than Gate Keeper. Seriously, most of the inversions have negative sin waves, meaning the amount of g-force on lets say a zero g roll is less than zero. That's why so many people get sick on it. A fast paced wingrider with size of GK would be awesome!

My dream "5 year plan" for the park:

2016- A new Intamin blitz coaster in the Chiller/Old Country spot. Also I would reopen OC as a path but the coaster would take up the spots of Autobahn and Music Express since neither are really necessary anymore. Also I would make the GAH Museum a permanent attraction.

2017- A package of rides, sort of like a controlled version of the war on lines with rides that actually work. I would put in an air race (where the enterprise was), giant frisbee (in what was once Old Country), classic wave swinger (where the paintball building is), aqua twist (in Lakefront), and a disko coaster (old freefall spot). This would take care of the needs for thrill flats, family flats, and water rides.

2018- The Justice League dark ride in the old simulator building, also making the back part of Boardwalk into DC Universe. The front part up to Twister and the parachutes would stay Boardwalk.

2019- New shows in the abandoned show venues in the park. I would make a new stunt show for the arena, a new fireworks show for the Lakefront grandstand, and a new show for the theater in Old Country- in addition to making general improvements in the park (fixing the parking lot, fixing cracked pavement, etc). This would be an off year to prepare for the next year's new coaster.

2020- New 350 ft., 100 mph Intamin giga starting in the old RT spot and going out to the unused safari area, I305 style, made to be the top steel in the world.

In terms of simply coaster ideas for the park my dream ideas are-

The blitz and giga ideas in the 5 year plan

A 4D like X2

A RMC hyper woodie going through the woods, with a dive machine-like 90 degree drop

A multi launched wingrider-take the wing coaster and push it to the limit like Banshee did for the invert

Giving Ka new trains and extending the layout-imagine having the ride run rings around the park and surrounding woods with 300 ft. tall loops and airtime hills. Even the marketing possibilities would be endless- world's tallest inversions by a mile, longest coaster in the world, and still the tallest coaster in the world.

Edited by RC98

I've always been daydreaming about a steel coaster with connected trains that are sitting both on top of and under the track, so it is both inverted and sitting on the track. I've still been thinking about how the supports would be possible, but perhaps the train was connected with super strong magnets and the support poles would be somewhere in between? I've also been thinking about a coaster in the forest, as mentioned. It gives a little more thrilling experience without killing all those trees, plus, it's thrilling to be riding in a forest, whipping past trees. What a great daydream;)

^True. In order for the human body to realize how fast it's going, it must see or feel something going past it (Like wind, supports, ect.) otherwise it will have no idea how fast it's going. Flying through the forest would be awesome, imagine the sense of speed on that!

And there's nothing else in the park that has that type of experience so no matter what kinda coaster you build, either RMC, B&M, or Intamin, you're still getting a unique experience. When it's night time and there's no lights around you just trees that would be so frightening xD

I want a wing rider through the baboon section of the safari. Want old country rethemed with new flat rides , and LED lights , lite the crap out of the rides like the boardwalks do(like sky screamer). Don't care what kind of stunt shows, just do something about adding shows. Add fireworks at least once a week. Bring back midnight closings. Better Food options, even bring in more chain restaurants. I want chickie and petes crab fries. Fix the waterfalls, on skull mtn, and Roaring Rapids. Renovate the decrepit great lake grandstand. And redo all the haunts for fright fest. I went last year(2013), SFGadv should be embarrassed for charging for what they do. It was terrible. And I like Harrys idea, 2 am closing for fright fest, Fri and Sat nights. And install 2 looping dragons, not 1. Add more capacity to the concert arena, and bring in some real concerts.

I find it interesting quite a few people complained about the Looping Dragon being a carnival ride, also say that they want carnival style lights on the rides at GA.

For me, I would rather see better lighting throughout the park, with more "theatrical lighting" to highlight buildings and attractions after dark as well as better lighting on the walkways, but something other than the blinding overly bright streetlights on Dream Street. The uplighting in the trees could be all year long and not just for Fright Fest. Using LED technology it would save energy and could be changed with the seasons or the music or anything else they wanted to change it with. All up and down Dream Street I would like to see twinkling lights in the trees.

As for rides being lit, the only thing I would love to see returned would be a Zierer wave swinger with the classic lighting package, and I would like to see it on the former site of the Enterprise.

I find it interesting quite a few people complained about the Looping Dragon being a carnival ride, also say that they want carnival style lights on the rides at GA.

For me, I would rather see better lighting throughout the park, with more "theatrical lighting" to highlight buildings and attractions after dark as well as better lighting on the walkways, but something other than the blinding overly bright streetlights on Dream Street. The uplighting in the trees could be all year long and not just for Fright Fest. Using LED technology it would save energy and could be changed with the seasons or the music or anything else they wanted to change it with. All up and down Dream Street I would like to see twinkling lights in the trees.

As for rides being lit, the only thing I would love to see returned would be a Zierer wave swinger with the classic lighting package, and I would like to see it on the former site of the Enterprise.

I have to agree with you there. The lighting in the Golden Kingdom is virtually nonexistent. Seriously I had to look for my group for like 30 mins in the dark after riding KK

EDIT: Whether KK's tophat should be lit up is very debatable. Reasons not to be lit: A. It adds fear and adrenaline to the riders, not seeing where they're going. B. It gives it a one up on TTD which has no such experience. C. TTD's spotlights attract thousands of bugs from what Ive heard. Terrifying. Reasons to be lit: A. I actually think Kingda Ka's colors and them are great and should be visible. B. Kingda Ka would look freaking beautiful lit up with the proper colors and would dominate the skyline. C. Some people are too afraid to ride at night due to the tophat being pretty much invisible. That's all I can think of right now, feel free to add anything I missed.

Edited by KK456

Here's a few ideas I've had. Some seem plausible enough to happen, while a couple fall into the "Hey, I can dream can I?" category.

• An RMC coaster. Either a dueling RMC or a hyper RMC that has a similar track length to Son of Beast
  • A giga coaster from either B&M or Intamin
  • B&M Wing Rider
  • Zierer LSM Coaster
  • Another mini flats package that brings back a classic swing ride, Musik Express, and a Breakdance ride.
  • A clone of Justice League 3D that replaces the Right Stuff hangar.

1) Mack multi-launch coaster similar to Helix, but a little more compact. Sprawled across Chiller's footprint and stretches through Old Country.

2) Intamin giga, with a layout that'd essentially be a mix of a mega-lite and I305. Keeps the layout compact while still offering big, airtime-filled camelbacks and low to the ground speed turns.

3) RMC built in Movietown. Compact and intense like Wicked Cyclone.

4) GCI twister in Movietown.

5) Justice League dark ride in the simulator building.

6) S&S free spin located with improved layout over SFFT's B:TR.

2) Intamin giga, with a layout that'd essentially be a mix of a mega-lite and I305. Keeps the layout compact while still offering big, airtime-filled camelbacks and low to the ground speed turns.

Be careful what you wish for (the airtime on a giga), otherwise you end up with something with REALLY long track length, like this:

jb000109h014lg00kt9r00.jpg

Edited by KK456

Oh, my bad there. But anyway, the reason giga coasters don't have camelbacks is because with all that speed, the camelbacks would take up a lot of space and add a lot of track length, even with a mega lite layout. I know what you mean, believe me, Iv'e watched POV's of all of the mega lites, but that speed is too much to work with to make an Airtime Machine giga. I do think it would probably be the best thing ever and I really do wish they would build one.

Oh, my bad there. But anyway, the reason giga coasters don't have camelbacks is because with all that speed, the camelbacks would take up a lot of space and add a lot of track length, even with a mega lite layout. I know what you mean, believe me, Iv'e watched POV's of all of the mega lites, but that speed is too much to work with to make an Airtime Machine giga. I do think it would probably be the best thing ever and I really do wish they would build one.

I don't see why it would take up a spot too much bigger than I305. It would definitely be less space than the other 4 gigas besides I305. My feeling as to why they build for speed is due to being less expensive (less steel, smaller footers, less use of giant cranes), and they want to accentuate the attribute of naturally being so fast.

Either way, the park actually does have space to add an MF-sized coaster if they really wanted. Doubt it'll ever happen, though.

^Yes. Yes. And Yes.

Also, the higher the track, the more it costs as well. Would be amazing though. SFGA is one of the few parks with tons of space but not the money or management to handle another BIG coaster

just not caring about thing, a second park connected to HH, another theme park even though they have trouble with Enchanted forest as is (saying HH and EF are the 2 current parks on the great adventure resort property) connecting the water parks theme to the new theme park called elm warf (not using pine for reasons but they could call it that too) and if they do build a hotel in the future, the pool has to be on third floor or at least 1 of them. floor 1=lobby and pool side restaurants, a pub called the 1866, and 2 wings of rooms(left and right); floor 2= main dining areas on wings and a few suites in middle; floor 3= inside pool(above main entrance to lobby from road)and rooms in the wings; any remaining floors will have both rooms and suits on floors in random with a penthouse on top.

^well Six Flags doesn't exactly cater to people who would, you know, respect the property and all that. The people I see at Six Flags sometimes are ridiculous. People from NY and Philly are already rude, and sometimes make a real big deal of trying to ruin everyone's day- graffiti, line cutting, trying to touch supports, you name it. I think within 1 year, that resort would be trashed. Six flags might wanna raise ticket prices a little and enforce the rules a bit more, as more as making the park more family friendly- THEN add a resort, and make it Six Flags's Cedar Point!

• 4 years later...