VOTE NOW FOR ALL YOUR FAVORITES FROM G.A. 2023 ×

Roaring Rapids

29yrswithaGApass

Do you mean closed for part of the day or closed the entire time you were there? It has a shorter operating schedule than other rides and is typically only open from Memorial Day to Labor Day but will sometimes stat open into mid or late September.

• 2 months later...
  • 2 months later...

^Where'd you hear that, Railer? I find that ridiculous. How come every single other park can figure out how to run multiple waterfalls safely? I'm not convinced the reason here isn't the same reason we see poison ivy all around the course and so few other water elements: cheapness, plain and simple.

I've heard that from quite a few employee's over the years since they have been off. If a half-loaded boat went under the Fall's and took a "direct hit" on the side they were all sitting on, there is a possibility it could flip it. I think the last few season's the op's have been spacing Guest's on half-full boat's if i recall correctly from last season (haven't rode it yet this year) But i don't think that was the case when the Fall's first went off.

After looking the spotlight over again, i pretty sure the wall's along the course were up before the fall's went off. I know it's been quite a few season's now, but what year were the falls last on?

Edited by Railer

• 3 weeks later...

Its interesting to note that at SFSTL the waterfalls still work. When their Rapids waterfalls fake rock section collapsed, they found a way to fix them. Since redoing the rocks was cost prohibitive, they instead added a new themed wall with the waterfalls coming down from the top. So, it leaves only SFGADV and Great Escape with non working waterfalls in the chain.

Holly, the course cannot be changed, but you can make the ride faster by adjusting the water flow from the pumps. Hope you get your cast off soon!

Edited by Absimilliard

• 7 months later...
  • 2 years later...

I think Congo Rapids should be given a thematic makeover as "Movietown Jungle Cruise"(for lack of a better name at this time).The backstory of the ride is that the riders are "stuntpeople" filming a water stunt on a "backlot river" like in the old studio days.Various props could be added like animatronic animals on the riverbanks and crashed airplanes and shipwrecks sticking out of the water. 

• 3 years later...

With the installation of the Jersey Devil Coaster I think Congo Rapids should be rethemed to the Mullica River  - the largest river near Leeds Point (home to the Jersey Devil).

With minimal theming including some basic props and sound effects, it could bring new life to Congo Rapids.  Besides, Adventure Rivers is long gone and the name "Congo" seems out of place now.

1280px-Mullica_River_5.jpg

1280px-Mullica_River_2.jpg

That's hilarious...  Are the two photos actually of the Mullica River or are those downed trees over a waterway at GA?

Personally, I would like to see a return to the Roaring Rapids name which, with your suggested theming, would certainly be more appropriate than Congo Rapids.

Edited by Daved Thomson

• 4 weeks later...