VOTE NOW FOR ALL YOUR FAVORITES FROM G.A. 2023 ×

Bally's Tom Foolery

29yrswithaGApass

I ran across an interesting graphic from the '80s published by Six Flags Corporation during the Bally years. It is the only map that I have ever seen which includes the Six Flags locations at the time as well as numerous entertainment centers known as Bally's Tom Foolery. I haven't had a chance to research these much but from what I understand they were a combination bar and arcade/family fun center similar to today's Dave & Busters.

Does anyone recall any information on these entertainment centers or have any photos?

gallery_2_35_2793.jpg

gallery_2_35_1040542.jpg

When I was in the Air Force in MD (1985-1989), I went to the Power Plant a few times when it first opened. I might even have a brochure packed away with somewhere with my other stuff from the military.

6 of those parks don't exist any more, one has changed its name; and the original 3 has the Six flags bolded, wile the rest have their "maiden name" (if you call it that) bolded [minus power plant].

• 1 month later...

^^ And don't forget the Classic Bally Pinball machines also. I never really cared for the flipper's Bally (or Data East) Pinball machines used. WIlliam's had the best flipper's on all Pinball Machines. But Bally did have some very popular machines back in the late 80's early 90's.