VOTE NOW FOR ALL YOUR FAVORITES FROM G.A. 2023 ×

Planned But Never Built: G.A. Minor League Baseball Stadium

GA Baseball Stadium Question  

28 members have voted

1. 1. If GA built a Minor League baseball stadium, would you attend a game?

• Yes
    • No

That would certainly been an interesting concept had it come to life. I have Yogi Berra Stadium within about a ten minute drive from me and it is very ncie and definately brings in a reasonable crowd for it's home games (of course it doesn't hurt that it's connected to Montclair State University). While I think the stadium would have worked out well there is one thing to think abot. Had the team not drawn well or performed well to keep crowds coming in, we may be looking at land that was never used instead of becoming Hurricane Harbor.

Neat spotlight, it's cool to see things that were planned but never built like this. I think HH is a better use of the land where the stadium would have went.

Edited by The Master

• 4 months later...

No, the employee housing sits on the former employee softball field. The Minor League Stadium was supposed to be built where Hurricane Harbor is now.

The employee softball fields used to see a lot of action for games and on busy days, when the park would make the employees park in the ball fields so the employee lot could be used as overflow guest parking.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 29yrswithaGApass changed the title to Planned But Never Built: G.A. Minor League Baseball Stadium