VOTE NOW FOR ALL YOUR FAVORITES FROM G.A. 2023 ×

Hocus Pocus Magic Shop

Those masks in Hocus Pocus were the coolest thing in the shop and they always remained current with their inventory. I remember them even having Darth Vader and Stormtrooper masks.

I always thought it would have been great if the ghouls in the Haunted Castle had used those masks because in the dark they would have been very effective in scaring guests. I would imagine they would have also been very uncomfortable for them to wear for extended periods of time.

I remember the decline of the magic and unique (more Spencer's like) stuff came in 1987/88 when the park was trying to clean up its image and become more family oriented. Anything the slightest bit risque or that might be considered occult went away (not that there was much that could be considered that). They got rid of a lot of the masks and other stuff like that, but they for some reason they still carried a small skull candle which looked fairly innocuous until you turned it over and saw the label that said it was "Satan's Son". That year the park hosted a religious group one night after hours and the shop had to remain closed and it's signs covered, and all the cigarette machines around the park had to be covered up as well.

Thank's for this one, really awesome with the interior shot's. It's been a long time since seeing the inside like that. The Mask's were the coolest thing about it, especially the good Vader and Stormtrooper ones they had. I always ended up leaving with some sort of "fart" gag, or exploding cigarette "load". Was always a definite stop on a day at the Park. Wish they would go back to having some specialty items that are hard to find elsewhere. Cool, unique things, that "Hocus Pocus" always had.

I remember that one actually, always had to touch the rubber/latex "poop" lol. One thing this past season that was sorta unique to the Building, it was the only place in the Park that had the Park Brochure. I didn't see it out anywhere else, all the other Shop's just had the Park Map.