VOTE NOW FOR ALL YOUR FAVORITES FROM G.A. 2023 ×

How Would You Make A Ride Better?

YoungPup

What would you do to a ride that you think would make it better?

The Dark Knight: I'd take put a box around the entire track to make it really immersive (you know how the ride kind of starts once you get off the chain lift, you go into that long box thing and it has black lights and stuff), and I'd really push a fun house theme. I'd also have an option where you don't have to watch the pre-show if you don't want to.

Skull Mountain: I'd seal up all of the windows and make it as dark as possible, and maybe change the music.

Green Lantern: Make it a sit down coaster.

^That was one of the questions asked during the Q&A with John Fitzgerald today. Lap bars are out of the question because of state regulations and company policy. The question was specifically about the soft Intamin restraints, as seen on Intimidator 305. John addressed it by talking about how soft restraints change the physics of the person's lateral movement. He may have SF engineer Larry Chickola look into it.

I would have Deja Vu's ride cycle run another 20 to 30 seconds. It seems like as soon as the ride reaches the full speed, there are a few revolutions and then the ride starts to slow down.

I don't know if this is possible, but it would be cool to have one half of batman's train backwards and the other half forwards. I really liked the ride backwards, but I also like it forwards. That would be so cool to be able to ride it twice and have a different experience each time.

It's been done with other coasters so it might be possible if the state and B&M agreed to if it the park wanted it. XLR-8 at Astroworld, Thundernation at Silver Dollar City and Boogie Woogie Space Coaster at Space World all operate or operated with forward and rear facing cars plus there are the Invertigo coasters.

My #1 thing would be to get new trains for KK. Obviously, I'd prefer TTD's trains with the lapbars, but I'd be fine with the I305 vest restraints as well. My big issue with the trains is how poorly they track due to their bulkiness. If they could form a sleeker design, even with the current restraints, I'd be completely happy.

In the future, I-Box'ing El Toro is a must. 10 years in it is still riding great, but there are a few major potholes if you sit in a wheel seat towards the back of the train. Above EVERYTHING else the park does, preserving Toro's quality should be the top priority.

If they do turn Green Lantern into a Sit down, they should take Bizarro's trains and put an I-box coaster called Texas Titan (make the frontier more like a Texas western style village; how would you integrate SORA into that, IDK)

• 4 weeks later...

Revamp or re theme Congo Rapids. Use smoke machines from FF, get waterfalls back on, put some water jets. Maybe more waves. Plants, props, sounds...anything. Pretty boring now.

I say they should "tunnel off" the track of the Dark Knight as much as possible to make it seem like a real subway and have live actors dressed up as Batman & Joker jump out at people.And there should be a "skip the pre-show" entrance that I've heard is at the other Dark Knight location(not that I personally would use it).

And how about adding animatronic animals or dinosaurs and fire effects to Congo River Rapids?

• 3 years later...