VOTE NOW FOR ALL YOUR FAVORITES FROM G.A. 2023 ×

Koala Canyon

It looks like it was a great area for kids. I never even knew the area existed until reading about it on this site since I never went into the Adventure Rivers section of the park. Sesame Place used to have a giant area of those same type of punching bags and I remember it being fun to run through them.

• 1 year later...
  • 2 weeks later...
10 hours ago, 29yrswithaGApass said:

It’s been completely removed. The only thing that really marks the area is a big circular plot of sand.   If you go to the men’s room in Looney Tunes Seaport you can see the area over the fence near the restroom entrance. 

looking at this area on google map, its look like a great place to put in a water dark ride theme to the looney tunes

they could go something like the former looney tunes river ride at warner bros movie world

• 1 year later...

I feel like I remember back in 2013 or 14 you could still see the cabanas/little sitting areas from Congo Rapids, as seen in this photo:

I'm sure since it's been 6+ years plus the Jersey Devil construction they're definitely gone now though. 

20045232%20copy.jpg

10 hours ago, laurenalexis said:

I feel like I remember back in 2013 or 14 you could still see the cabanas/little sitting areas from Congo Rapids, as seen in this photo:

I'm sure since it's been 6+ years plus the Jersey Devil construction they're definitely gone now though. 

Koala Canyon was removed during the 2006/2007 off season including the grass covered benches.

Could it be you saw the small observation deck which was located next to Koala Canyon and added in 1991 as part of Adventure Rivers?

19910002 copy.jpg

54 minutes ago, 29yrswithaGApass said:

Koala Canyon was removed during the 2006/2007 off season including the grass covered benches.

Could it be you saw the small observation deck which was located next to Koala Canyon and added in 1991 as part of Adventure Rivers?

19910002 copy.jpg

Yeah that's probably it then. Was that open to the public or was that staff use only? 

One problem with Koala Canyon were the water canons. They often developed long lines as soms guests would hog them for hours. Sometimes fights started over who's turn was next. Once ond did get a turn the water play fights sometimes got really firece. Eventually their range was reduced either toned down by the park or just wear. Either way it also reduced the popularity of the cannons.