VOTE NOW FOR ALL YOUR FAVORITES FROM G.A. 2023 ×

Gr.Adv.Debate #34: Which is your G.A. touring style?

26 members have voted

1. 1. Which of these diagrams most closely represents your method of visiting Great Adventure?

• [img]http://www.greatadventurehistory.com/Forums/uploads/gallery/category_35/gallery_2_35_442262.jpg [/img] The Grand Circle Tour
    • [img]http://www.greatadventurehistory.com/Forums/uploads/gallery/category_35/gallery_2_35_395403.jpg [/img] Here, There, and Everywhere (and back again)
    • [img]http://www.greatadventurehistory.com/Forums/uploads/gallery/category_35/gallery_2_35_284010.jpg [/img] The Direct Hit (an attraction or two and maybe a meal)

We usually do...

KA, Zum, EL Toro, Bizarro, LF, Skyway, Skull, Nitro, BTR,TDK... done by 1pm and either walk around or go home, but now lately its even less.

But with The Joker there I don't know what we will do...

I ususally go right to Nitro, then Skull Mountain, then Batman, then Bucaneer and some of those flats, then I go to the Boardwalk rides and then hit Bizarro, curve over to Toro and Diablo and then cut through the Discoveries place for Zu

We rarely stay the whole day so it's usually the Direct Hit. We typically get there at open will ride Kingda Ka and Zumanjaro. From there we'll do El Toro and Bizarro. We'll take the Sky Ride to the other side of the park and finish with Nitro. Lunch will be in there somewhere. Throughout the year we swap rides in and out and will hit each ride at least once.

I do some version of the circle tour. What side I begin with depends on who I'm visiting with. Some like to begin with El Toro, and others like to begin with Nitro.

Usually The Grand Circle Tour. Most trips I start with Nitro, ride Batman and then Skull Mountain and then go to the Boardwalk if Superman and Green Lantern's lines aren't too bad. Then the Golden Kingdom, Plaza Del Carnaval, Frontier Adventures, Lakefront and back to Movietown to ride the Dark Knight and another ride or two at Nitro.

Unless crowds are really bad or there's a risk of weather/breakdown, I prefer saving the heavy hitters on the left side of the park for later in the day.

For me, starting with the progression of HQCT (fka BBLTT), then SM, then Nitro is just awesome. Then you can hit up B:TR if your adrenaline is still pumping, or TDK if you need a break.

After that, you take the Skyride over to the Fort to do all of the great attractions in FA, PDC, and TGC.

The one place I rarely find myself spending much time is the Boardwalk; GL and S:UF don't do much for me, plus it's the least immersive themed section of the park.

Unless crowds are really bad or there's a risk of weather/breakdown, I prefer saving the heavy hitters on the left side of the park for later in the day.

For me, starting with the progression of HQCT (fka BBLTT), then SM, then Nitro is just awesome. Then you can hit up B:TR if your adrenaline is still pumping, or TDK if you need a break.

After that, you take the Skyride over to the Fort to do all of the great attractions in FA, PDC, and TGC.

The one place I rarely find myself spending much time is the Boardwalk; GL and S:UF don't do much for me, plus it's the least immersive themed section of the park.

Holy crap, I thought I was the only person who did that! It's perfect

^^ It's funny, as long as either Ka or Zum opens with the park I actually do the complete opposite. I do Ka, Zum, and Toro first since they all tend to break down the most and I want to make sure I ride them while they're open. To me Nitro, Batman, and Skull are good rides to do later since they're all pretty reliable and have fast moving lines in my experience. I agree about Boardwalk though

Edited by RC98

• 1 month later...

For me personally, my ride order changes every time I visit the park. Usually, I'd prefer to start on the left side of the park (Ka or Toro), then I work my way up to Bizarro, then the Boardwalk, then eventually to the right side of the park staring with Nitro.

The next time I visit, however, I'll be hitting up The Joker first then do the opposite of what I usually do: Nitro and the right side of the park first then the other half of the park. But hey, that's just me.

• 3 months later...

We usually start up by doing SM, then to Nitro and then sometimes Batman. Then I head over and SOMETIMES do the lakefront flats and now Joker. Then I'll skip boardwalk and head to FA to do Minetrain and then Bizarro, then I'll skip Toro most of the time and head over to GK, then it's random from there :P

• 4 months later...

It totally depends on the day, weather, crowds, lines, and whether we're more concerned about eating and drinking than riding attractions. With season passes and meal plans, we tend to just go towards certain parts of the park without doing general circle tours, because you aren't under any pressure to get everything in during one trip.

cool discussion and poll, though!

Edited by dougdrummer