VOTE NOW FOR ALL YOUR FAVORITES FROM G.A. 2023 ×

Great American Scream Machine

29yrswithaGApass

But just think, if the park had not gone the route of the innovation with those aforementioned rides, our "real" coaster experience may have been something less than the greatness we got from the Scream Machine as it currently stands. I a kind of glad they waiting in that regard.

• 2 weeks later...

I used to find that this ride gave me the most trouble in terms of beating me up a bit, but so far I have noticed that for some odd reason it is now Medusa that kicks my rear. Kinda of nice though that an old favorite is the one I'd rather be partaking in a ride of :)

• 2 weeks later...

Hi there, first & last time poster here. Just wanted to say an amazing job with the GASM history (found the link on Screamscape). I visited your park last year, and as a fan of Arrow coasters, was happy not to be let down by this ride.

It thourghly enjoyed reading up on the history and seeing all the old pics & commercials.

Thanks for putting in all that effort.

I hope GA realizes how great GASM is and don't tear it down ever. The only other coaster to last 20 + years is rolling thunder. The rest are scrap metal. I hope to see GASM at least make the 30 year mark like the loch ness monster in busch gardens.

• 3 weeks later...

We were talking about this on our last visit to the park, and I would like to see them replace the boards in the queue line on the Scream Machine. You can still see to a degree what some of the rides were, and I vaguely remember what they were from when they were still visible, but I think it would be nice for the ride to get an update with either replicas of the original pictures, or some different ones. They could even just go with some new factoids about the ride and it's lifespan in the park.

And thanks to Railer for putting the pictures up from a recent visit which reminded me to share my thoughts on this!

Edited by JetsDevs4Lyf

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 months later...
I really like this ride and they shouldnt ever think of removing it. Also I personally think they should bring some theming to this ride

Welcome to the forums bobbyd. I agree that GASM should have some theming. Time Warner should have added some theming and rename it with an Air Force name to coincide with the Right Stuff Mach 1 Adventure.

Luis L.

Edited by Luis L

GASM's queue does have those lighted signs showcasing other SF park's and their coasters, sadly these signs are badly faded so they are hard to read and even to look at the pictures. Still GASM has a nicer queue than Nitro which is really bare bones.

Edited by The Master

• 5 months later...

The 1988 pamphlet for Shockwave at Six Flags Great America has been added to our Spotlight Extras album. As you know, Shockwave was designed and fabricated for Great Adventure but was rerouted to the Chicago park at the last minute. The Great American Scream Machine, a near duplicate, opened at GA the following season.

gallery_2_375_333094.jpg

gallery_2_375_582397.jpg

• 8 months later...