VOTE NOW FOR ALL YOUR FAVORITES FROM G.A. 2023 ×

New Caribbean Cove Interactive Water Playground Opens at Hurricane Harbor

Wow. JL forced by the township to move over to HH with a new mirror site of the park along with a monorail and a hotel sponsored by dippin dots to be ready by fright fest? I'm impressed.

I'm no fan of trying to price people away from anything let alone HH. I also don't think it would work. Even if they reinstated an up charge on the pass it would be minimal resulting in the same turnout minus maybe a few people. We would also bash the concept here for charging more without seeing upgrades to the park. I'm with Railer, they really ought to grow to handle current crowds instead of finding ways to get people away from going at all.

In business, you can have too much of a good thing like having to many customers. Businesses sometimes have to use tactics to limit the number of customers to a level it can handle. If a company gets more customers than it can handle, then quality goes down and customers quickly become disatisfied with the company and stop doing business. Then those former customers will spread bad word of mouth to others, and soon the business will have no customers and unable to attract new ones. Admission to HH is too cheap and is drawing in more people than it was designed to handle combined with the inefficiency and artificially longer standby lines HH Flashpass, causes, and it is no wonder HH has so many negative visitor reviews online.

It's a classic supply/demand scenario. There is too much demand, aka guests in the park. There is not enough supply, aka the park's ability to satisfy guests via enough space, chairs, slides, manageable lines, etc.

When demand outweighs supply, you either increase supply or raise prices. At this point, a major expansion is the only thing that will make a dent in increasing supply.

• Like 1

Hey, don't make fun of her post. Last year i saw all the "suit's" from Texas with Clipboard's and Tablet's looking over right where "Carribean Cove" now sits month's before the announcement of it. All you have to do is go back and look at the Post's for proof. And from when she posted it, it was right around the same time as last year

Edited by Railer

They do say T-Rex section's can span long distances without support's lol. But i think any major expansion for HH is limited to this area, to the rt. of the Gate's. The land between the Park and 537 act's as sort of a "buffer" to seperate the Park from the rd. I think they would be limited to this area, any other way and your moving Entrance/Exit Road's for the Park. And i am not really sure where that person posting meant the "Suit's" and Hardhats were.

gallery_208_401_542349.png

It's a classic supply/demand scenario. There is too much demand, aka guests in the park. There is not enough supply, aka the park's ability to satisfy guests via enough space, chairs, slides, manageable lines, etc.

When demand outweighs supply, you either increase supply or raise prices. At this point, a major expansion is the only thing that will make a dent in increasing supply.

Sadly I don't see them doing either. They probably figure by making demand high with cheap admissions, they can sell more upcharges like Flashpass and food passes. Basically lure suckered in with low cost admission and soak em with upcharges for a half way decent experience. If guests don't repeat their business, there are always more suckers to replace them. It is very short term focused business plan which SF has historically used for decades.

• Like 1

I'm optimistically waiting for the new advertisement, "worlds largest theme park now has the worlds largest water park too". Will be a great adventure day indeed.

• 3 weeks later...