VOTE NOW FOR ALL YOUR FAVORITES FROM G.A. 2023 ×

2018 and Beyond Speculation at SFGA

A flat would also be cool. Outdoor wild mouses work fine at Hershey and Dorney. And it's a good coaster with a low 42" height requirement for kids.

maybe a good point. they could re-theme it for the Looney Tunes or kids safari area. If you give it a new coat of paint it might be cool. Then they could put a frisbee in the place of dark knight they could use some of the old country space for a new coaster.

maybe a good point. they could re-theme it for the Looney Tunes or kids safari area. If you give it a new coat of paint it might be cool. Then they could put a frisbee in the place of dark knight they could use some of the old country space for a new coaster.

Right. Or use the current space occupied by TDK. There's also (IMO) room for a station on the site of the old observatory and surrounding land going towards the new macho nacho. And, if they're not going to show in the old stunt arena, it would be a decent space for a coaster.

Right. Or use the current space occupied by TDK. There's also (IMO) room for a station on the site of the old observatory and surrounding land going towards the new macho nacho. And, if they're not going to show in the old stunt arena, it would be a decent space for a coaster.

NgN0eCE.jpgI was thinking these are really the two options for a new coaster in MovieTown. You can either have one with a really compact layout, similarly to Batman, or you can have one with a slightly larger footprint, like a Green Lantern. (not saying it should be either of those types of coasters, just based on their size)

NgN0eCE.jpgI was thinking these are really the two options for a new coaster in MovieTown. You can either have one with a really compact layout, similarly to Batman, or you can have one with a slightly larger footprint, like a Green Lantern. (not saying it should be either of those types of coasters, just based on their size)

True, it could also cross over the path and area by the observatory and occupy both areas?

So I was looking at the map of great adventure today and I realized something: Despite all the forest around Six Flags, its gonna be hard to easily expand in the future. Over on the Bizarro side of the park the Safari cuts off expansion. On the other side, the backstage facilities would force a ton of buildings to be torn down and be rebuilt, which would be extremely expensive. They can't expand into the premiere parking lot, because that would mess with the front entrance. Expansion into the lot by Kingda Ka would require reworking of paths around Kingda Ka. Filling in all of or part of Switlik Lake would be very pricey, but worth it with the removal of the grandstand. I think the only feasible option is removing rides. And If they remove stuff, I think a good portion of Old Country and movie town is due to go. The first I think would be the two theaters, followed by dark knight, followed by batman. This is all just speculation, but to me It makes sense.

GAdv has a bunch of land with RT's old footprint/behind Toro heading towards the old safari entrance. I think that is definitely the logical place for the next addition/expansion.

Good point they can put it in rolling thunder's footprint if they can find the space for a queue. If that for some reason couldn't work I think if they removed batman (coming up on 24 years now) and the stunt theater you could have space for a pretty stellar coaster

One thing I do have to say is that with all these recent additions since 2011 we have not lost any rides which is such a huge blessing compared to 2008 when they went throwing out rides left and right. I think imho if they didn't try and spend so much effort into fixing chiller, we might still have some of those rides lost. Also, expanding and adding rides will continue as long as attendance goes up then so will our ride count. I think it will be a while before we run out of room. As far as available room goes, Movie town has free falls old spot, the empty space between DK and observatory, as well as some space next to backlot food court that could fit something. Then we have Old country with autobahn and pendulums spot, spinmiesters and musik express lot (depending how big JLBFM is) would be perfect for some flats. We also have the empty simulator building, behind twister, Rolling thunders spot and Former balin's jungleland. Believe it or not also the land behind looney tunes seaport could fit a small gci or maybe even a launced coaster.

I agree there is room for all of it. But youve got to remember. They have reached the point of remove a tree plant a tree. Part of the agreement with the state EPA is forestery control. Thats been in place all the way back to day one. even thou the park owns the lake it is portected waterway.

I wouldn't necessarily count on past patterns and additions at other parks continuing.

With all the behind the scenes changes at corporate and at the management level of the park, I think we may see some changes in focus and priorities again. Every few years this happens, and every few years the pendulum swings back the opposite way it used to be. We could either see it go back to "focus on families" all the way or "focus on thrills" depending on what the new CEO and park leadership decide is their growth potential.

• Like 1

if they removed batman (coming up on 24 years now) you could have space for a pretty stellar coaster

Again... no.

I have no idea why anyone would even consider the idea of removing Batman. It's compact, it's a people eater, it's very popular, and most importantly it's amazing. My third favorite ride in the park. Seriously a terrible idea.

• Like 1

I wouldn't mind to see the park add nothing - reinvest the money on general improvements within the park and existing rides. A new paint job on Nitro would be nice as it's getting pretty faded. Could be just my luck but I feel like breakdowns occur way more often at GADV than other parks.

• Like 1

Could be just my luck but I feel like breakdowns occur way more often at GADV than other parks.

We also have some of the most complex rides (Ka and sort of Joker), as well as some of the highest throughput and attendance in the chain, which puts the most stress, wear, and tear on our rides and staff compared to all other US SF parks.

Edited by Matt Kaiser

Seems to be a lot of requests to paint Nitro. If we didn't have to walk past the loud and dirty lift motor, how many less people would ask for a repaint? I suspect a lot. In hind sight, maybe if the station was switched to enter by Congo the paint would be much less of a nuisance.

I don't necessarily want to remove any rides. I was just saying that, if it came down to it, I feel like that would be the most likely candidate for removal. I personally enjoy Batman because it doesn't usually have long waits and it's pretty intense. If anything needs a paint job though, it's green lantern. Coming up that first lift hill boy had the paint gone away after 5 seasons. Where do you guys think a new ride would go, I'm curious to see some input.

I don't necessarily want to remove any rides. I was just saying that, if it came down to it, I feel like that would be the most likely candidate for removal. I personally enjoy Batman because it doesn't usually have long waits and it's pretty intense. If anything needs a paint job though

I wouldn't necessarily count on past patterns and additions at other parks continuing.

With all the behind the scenes changes at corporate and at the management level of the park, I think we may see some changes in focus and priorities again. Every few years this happens, and every few years the pendulum swings back the opposite way it used to be. We could either see it go back to "focus on families" all the way or "focus on thrills" depending on what the new CEO and park leadership decide is their growth potential.

I'm sure it will happen sooner or later, but at this point I think the priorities are pretty steady. JRA is still very much involved, and there's not much we've seen from new management (least of all capex shifts) that indicates a new strategy. The only thing I'm noticing is slow-but-steady cuts in budget, which will hopefully not go as deep as in the Premier days.

Since SFNE is removing their Splash Water Falls to make room for The Joker I wonder if they plan on relocating it to another park or are they scrapping it? I've heard mixed reviews about it but our park could definitely benefit having another water ride in the theme park.

Swf

They could put it behind Autobahn and use the old building as a queue. The only issue is that some trees would need to be removed but it would only utilize a tiny bit of the picnic grove and round out the section. Put in a Endeaver and Tilt a whilr and you have a revamped new section brought to life that would market to the families. Just a possibility and idea for down the road.

Edited by truepolak90