VOTE NOW FOR ALL YOUR FAVORITES FROM G.A. 2023 ×

2018 and Beyond Speculation at SFGA

I'd love to see GL go. It pretty much never has a line, and is the most painful ride in the park. Give that to La Ronde or America (they can be the first park to have 2 stand-up coasters)

It can get up to an hour wait on busy days.

I was thinking, is it possible to actually connect the 2 golden kingdom spots (The one near El Toro and the main one that houses Ka) to just create 1 golden kingdom? Because, I've always thought that has been annoying after they closed the path off to get to the Golden Kingdom from near El Toro. But, in 2018 I think GA should either get a Frisbee or general park improvements.

Again... no.

I have no idea why anyone would even consider the idea of removing Batman. It's compact, it's a people eater, it's very popular, and most importantly it's amazing. My third favorite ride in the park. Seriously a terrible idea.

The downtime it had in June and all that welding that needed to be done concerns me. Made me wonder if the ride is deteriorating and/or not handling the extra HITP workload well. Just speculation and hope it is not true, since it is too good a ride to loose and it somewhat iconic now. Would hate to see it leave under any circumstances - my third favorite also.

^Would make a great ride rotation candidate, though.

Except the only 3 parks that don't have a Batman clone already have other inverted coasters. (SFA, SFM, and SFDK, which actually has 2)

No park to trade with unless you want a Vekoma SLC in exchange.

Edited by Matt Kaiser

The only way I would be ok with Batman leaving is if it was replaced with a larger B&M invert similar to Banshee, Raptor or Montu. It's my 4th favorite coaster in the park and really feels like an iconic ride that is something you associate with Six Flags and because the coaster has been there for so long, it's strange to think the coaster is the 2nd oldest operating coaster in the park.

• Like 2

Except the only 3 parks that don't have a Batman clone already have other inverted coasters. (SFA, SFM, and SFDK, which actually has 2)

No park to trade with unless you want a Vekoma SLC in exchange.

Wow, never took the time to consider which parks were lacking one but that's really wild. Guess that's part of why we've held onto it for so long.

And Yoshi, fully agreed. Another awesome stat that I hadn't considered!

The only way I would be ok with Batman leaving is if it was replaced with a larger B&M invert similar to Banshee, Raptor or Montu. It's my 4th favorite coaster in the park and really feels like an iconic ride that is something you associate with Six Flags and because the coaster has been there for so long, it's strange to think the coaster is the 2nd oldest operating coaster in the park.

It's crazy to think that it's 2nd oldest...it's the 1st coaster that I distinctly remember being built and remember the buzz when it opened. (I wasn't quite 54" yet so I waited with my father while my sister and mother rode!). Now 29, it's crazy that it's the old man of the group (at least it can look up to RMT). RMT has to stay forever now so at least 1 coaster is older than I am!

As for next year, I'm getting a flat package vibe. 3 or 4 solid flats would be a great addition to balance the park's offerings! I want an Air Race, those rides are super fun. I saw a mock up or concept of one that goes very high (can't find it now though sorry!) like Sky Screamer does with the swings, that would be crazy!

They will not remove Batman any time soon. I don't believe there has been a single B&M coaster that has been demolished (besides Hulk, which they completely rebuilt). Batman is a workhorse, still popular, very reliable, and still provides a very comfortable ride.

As I said before, RT's old footprint/behind Toro is prime real estate. As another poster said, a coaster could fit in multiple spots going over various walkways/existing rides. Lastly, Bizarro takes up a very big plot of land and it's low popularity makes it a mark for relocation to various smaller parks.

• Like 1

I'd be fine with them taking Bizarro out (especially if they turned GL into a floorless)

I'd love to remove bizzaro, but I don't know if they will. I think the reason the lines are so short is simple: location. Bizzaro has maybe the worst location of any ride in the park. It's so far back, I don't know if some people want to go all the way over there to get to it. Not from a enthusiast point of view, but a GP one i mean. I think bizzaro is a good ride for the park. As for GL, I think it's too new for anything to be done yet. It's the second newest coaster in the park, and it has pretty consistent lines. I dont think it'll get the floorless treatment because we already have one. I would like to see superman get removed or replaced though. (personal opinion I know it'll never get removed.

Edited by Yoshi
language

I'd love to remove bizzaro, but I don't know if they will. I think the reason the lines are so short is simple: location. Bizzaro has maybe the worst location of any ride in the park. It's so far back, I don't know if some people want to go all the way over there to get to it. Not from a enthusiast point of view, but a GP one i mean. I think bizzaro is a good ride for the park. As for GL, I think it's too new for anything to be done yet. It's the second newest coaster in the park, and it has pretty consistent lines. I dont think it'll get the floorless treatment because we already have one. I would like to see superman get removed or replaced though. (personal opinion I know it'll never get removed.

A big new coaster and a couple flats/retheme would do that area wonders. Medusa was very popular the first few years, and Toro and Safari both get big lines and are right near it...I think the location is more lucrative than most people think.

• Like 1

Enough with the all the "coaster removal" nonsense. Theres no reason for them to rip any of them out, theres MORE than enough empty real estate in that park (closed areas, wasted space,etc) to put in new flats, coasters, what- have -you. I dont personally care for GL but dont feel it -or any other coasters should be removed. We've lost enough of them.

Edited by fetish911
  • Like 1

Enough with the all the "coaster removal" nonsense. Theres no reason for them to rip any of them out, theres MORE than enough empty real estate in that park (closed areas, wasted space,etc) to put in new flats, coasters, what- have -you. I dont personally care for GL but dont feel it -or any other coasters should be removed. We've lost enough of them.

I get the space for flats, but in the current park boundaries I''m not seeing much room for coasters. With the exception of the RT footprint I don't know where one would go.

• Like 1

I'd understand the removal of Bizarro. It's sitting on a nice piece of real estate that the park may want to utilize in the near future. Not that I want the park to remove any ride. (except Green Lantern, but that's purely for personal reasons.)

Bizarro is too big for Great Escape in actual size and in scope. It would be just like when Chang went into Kentucky Kingdom. Too much for a park of that size.

I do agree that one of the other parks (SFGAm, SFStL, SFOG, SFOT) could use it and it would fit their parks.

As for GL, I get that it's not your favorite, but they would never spend the millions on making it a floorless for GA. They might if they moved IT to another park, but it would make no sense to turn it into the same coaster they have already with Bizarro just to move Bizzaro out of the park. It just would be pointless.

I think it's pretty obvious that the logical next new coaster would be an RMC. They're not spending B&M money right now for a decent sized coaster.

^You're probably right but maybe they could get creative and make it fit. Why wouldn't it make financial sense? Two "new" B&M's in one year for pennies on the dollar. GE gets their ultimate signature coaster and Great Adventure turns a prime location ride into an actual enjoyable draw. There's a few games located there to hopefully add to more $$$$ spent.

• Like 1

Bizarro is too big for Great Escape in actual size and in scope. It would be just like when Chang went into Kentucky Kingdom. Too much for a park of that size.

I do agree that one of the other parks (SFGAm, SFStL, SFOG, SFOT) could use it and it would fit their parks.

As for GL, I get that it's not your favorite, but they would never spend the millions on making it a floorless for GA. They might if they moved IT to another park, but it would make no sense to turn it into the same coaster they have already with Bizarro just to move Bizzaro out of the park. It just would be pointless.

I think it's pretty obvious that the logical next new coaster would be an RMC. They're not spending B&M money right now for a decent sized coaster.

People are guessing next year we're going to get a flat package, that won't be a ton of money, which leaves money to convert GL into a floorless. And I actually prefer the GL track layout to Bizarro.