VOTE NOW FOR ALL YOUR FAVORITES FROM G.A. 2023 ×

2018 and Beyond Speculation at SFGA

As for GL, I get that it's not your favorite, but they would never spend the millions on making it a floorless for GA. They might if they moved IT to another park, but it would make no sense to turn it into the same coaster they have already with Bizarro just to move Bizzaro out of the park. It just would be pointless.

I agree with this 100%. I doubt either GL or Bizarro are going anywhere anytime soon, and converting GL would be pointless and the millions for that can be better spent on a new coaster they have space for elsewhere (RT old area for one). If one has to go I would guess it would cost less to move GL to another park and relocate Bizarro to the GL spot. As mentioned before, why convert a standuop to a floorless when you already have the world's first floorless in house?

Edited by Nativenyer

People are guessing next year we're going to get a flat package, that won't be a ton of money, which leaves money to convert GL into a floorless. And I actually prefer the GL track layout to Bizarro.

There's no such thing as "leaves money." If Six Flags gives us a flat package, that's all we get. That's all they've decided to give to us and all they've decided to allocate to us.

^ Why wouldn't it make financial sense? Two "new" B&M's in one year for pennies on the dollar. GE gets their ultimate signature coaster and Great Adventure turns a prime location ride into an actual enjoyable draw.

It doesn't make sense in the way that even at pennies on the dollar they would never recoup the investment. GE can never pull in the number of guests required to make that a smart investment. It would be like if GA built a hotel that was big and fancy like Disney's Grand Floridian. Yes it would be an awesome addition and a few people would love it, but not enough to justify the expense. It's just too big and too expensive for the scale and size of the park.

I'd prefer our B&M's stay like they are and we refrain from adding another for a while. They're all pretty good but we don't need rides like a dive machine or a wingrider as they don't add anything to the coaster collection. After flats being added to round out the park, I'd really love to see an rmc or a bliyz coaster at some point.

I'm all for a dive coaster. And if they did a poll "Get rid of Bizarro and get a dive coaster" I think most people would vote yes.

A bit off topic, but why don't theme parks ever let the guests decide what ride to build? Like, if the company had 2 ride ideas, and they both thought they would be good for the park, why wouldn't they let the guests decide in a poll? I think that would be pretty cool.

The closest thing I can think of similar to voting on a ride was around 10 years ago Waldameer had a vote for which size drop tower to get. It was 90 ft or 140 ft and the 140 ft version won.

Is Bizzaro unpopular or just in an area that is less traveled? Think it would draw many more people if in another section of the park. I'd vote to keep it but add a coaster somewhere else. Nitro and Bizzaro are my two goto coasters simply because there fun and low wait times. Wait times matter the most to me when visiting. I'd go on SORA everytime but I'm not waiting an hour to do it. Guess I lost a bit of patience over the years.

Maybe a combination of both. I remember walking past the ride opening year and it had a very long line and during Fright Fest it can still get a full queue, use extra temporary queue with rope and Glow In The Park trash cans and still go almost to the locker area.

Who agrees there should be a family attraction right near coasters? So Like:

El Toro= Tango

Nitro= Kids Area

Batman= Kids Area

The Joker= Lakefront, Harley Quinn

Kingda Ka= That Kids Splash Thing

Superman/Green Lantern= Parachutes,

and, add a family ride near Bizarro and your all set, just something to keep the park well rounded

Just keep in mind that a GOOD dive coaster would be cost about 4X the park's annual capex budget unless you want a 120/130' tall one that doesn't do much besides have a vertical drop. The decent ones (Sheikra, Griffon, Valravyn) are all 25-30 million dollar rides. Unless Six Flags really goes on a spending spree, it wouldn't be worth it.

• Like 1

It doesn't make sense in the way that even at pennies on the dollar they would never recoup the investment. GE can never pull in the number of guests required to make that a smart investment. It would be like if GA built a hotel that was big and fancy like Disney's Grand Floridian. Yes it would be an awesome addition and a few people would love it, but not enough to justify the expense. It's just too big and too expensive for the scale and size of the park.

I understand what you are saying but with your same thought even though GE is a lot smaller / less of a draw they did build a nice lodge next door which GA doesn't even have. If you start to add some rides that would be real draws I believe attendance would increase.

I don't know about a dive, but what about a wing? You could do some kind of gatekeeper thing over the park entrance, have the body over in old country.

Highly doubt it, especially since The Joker is similar to a wing coaster with the idea that nothing is above or below you.

I think a wing coaster with loops and corkscrews would be great but that isn't coming in 2018. Like some others here, I'm also expecting a package of flats but would love to skip new additions for a year or 2 and see the money spent on cleanup and improvements.

Edited by scott

Is Bizzaro unpopular or just in an area that is less traveled? Think it would draw many more people if in another section of the park. I'd vote to keep it but add a coaster somewhere else. Nitro and Bizzaro are my two goto coasters simply because there fun and low wait times. Wait times matter the most to me when visiting. I'd go on SORA everytime but I'm not waiting an hour to do it. Guess I lost a bit of patience over the years.

I think the problem is that it's in a very "dead end" of the park;it was very popular the first few years but after Nitro,S:UF and Kingda Ka the crowds came less often.Maybe if Medusa/Bizarro had intertwined itself with another ride or if they used the empty spaces from the Giant Teepee and Conestoga Wagon to build flat rides(like even a simple tilt-a-whirl) more people would stay in that area longer.

I think a wing coaster with loops and corkscrews would be great but that isn't coming in 2018. Like some others here, I'm also expecting a package of flats but would love to skip new additions for a year or 2 and see the money spent on cleanup and improvements.

Definitely. I think we'll get as follows

2018: Giant discovery, kiddie area stuff

2019: 45th Anniversary! Some sort of improvements, maybe adding new areas

2020: New Coaster (Wing or Dive)

A good dive coaster takes a lot of work as well. For example, sheikra was awesome because of the extensive scenery. However, Valravn at cedar point was disappointing and a waste of time waiting in line for compared to a lot of the other rides.

Interesting to hear you say that. I felt just the opposite, that Sheikra was a one-trick pony that got boring immediately after the first drop, whereas Valravn packed much more action and dynamism in after the initial drop.

Interesting to hear you say that. I felt just the opposite, that Sheikra was a one-trick pony that got boring immediately after the first drop, whereas Valravn packed much more action and dynamism in after the initial drop.

I think Griffon though is still the best. The water drop, the scenic views, the Busch Gardens landscaping, all come together and make it great.