VOTE NOW FOR ALL YOUR FAVORITES FROM G.A. 2023 ×

It's GAH's 10th Anniversary!

29yrswithaGApass

gallery_2_595_3591.png

And we are just getting started! Be sure to stay tuned for a ton of new and exciting things all year long!

• New Spotlights from the park's nearly five decades including the Great Arena, Zumanjaro, Great Lake Grandstand, Construction of the Great American Scream Machine, Quest for Camelot Nights, and the planned but never built Great Adventure Hotel.
  • Updated Spotlights with tons of new photos and media including ShockWave, Batman and Robin: The Chiller, Right Stuff: Mach 1 Adventure, Roaring Rapids, Lightnin' Loops, and the Batman Stunt Spectacular Arena.
  • New features including a Great Adventure Concerts Database and a new extensive Shows Library.
  • Completion of our History Timeline Spotlight series.
  • Updated features like an expanded Great Adventure Television Commercials collection featuring over 400 TV ads.
  • New games and trivia challenges in our Goodtime Alley feature.
  • Additional Safari and Hurricane Harbor Spotlights.
  • New Forums and Gallery content and features.
  • An entire new series of Retro Trip Reports not to mention 2017 Trip Reports all season long from opening day to Holiday in the Park.
  • And so much more!

We are happy that you are part of GreatAdventureHistory.com and we look forward to an exciting year ahead!

• Like 1

Congratulations, I don't think there is another site out there that has this much information about a theme park as this one and this site is also one of my favorite websites to visit.

To sound like a total jerk, Can there be historical tours of the park too?

I'd love to do them, but I live 1000 miles away now. We may try to organize something in the future though.

I can't believe it's been 10 years...it's been 13 years since I launched my initial site which then branched off to become this. I think there's still a couple of our oldest spotlights with the old "gahistory.amusementpics.com" watermarks on them from before GreatAdventureHistory launched.

To sound like a total jerk, Can there be historical tours of the park too?

Oh, you never know! :P

Thanks everyone for your very kind comments. Obviously this site is something we enjoy so keeping it going won't be an issue. We have so much more to share and to fine tune that it should keep us busy for years to come. I know I am excited!

Here are some photos of the exciting things we have planned for our 10th Anniversary!

gallery_2_25_36980.jpg

Batman And Robin: The Chiller Construction

gallery_2_25_207506.jpg

Right Stuff Mach 1 Adventure's Test Yard

gallery_2_25_817611.jpg

Lightnin' Loops

gallery_2_25_125360.jpg

ShockWave Stand Up Coaster

gallery_2_25_100405.jpg

Roaring Rapids 1981

gallery_2_25_365121.jpg

Batman Stunt Show 1992

gallery_2_25_756619.jpg

Northern Star Arena

gallery_2_25_856274.jpg

Zumanjaro Parts Arrive 2013

gallery_2_25_850382.jpg

Great Lake Grandstand Pre-Opening 1983

gallery_2_25_1028281.jpg

Great American Scream Machine

gallery_2_25_494697.jpg\

Quest For Camelot Nights Show

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

Even though I don't post as often as I used to, I still follow the site on a very religious basis.

It still feels like yesterday that GAH used to be a little page on AmusementPics.

Really looking forward to all the new features!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

Congratulations, I don't think there is another site out there that has this much information about a theme park as this one and this site is also one of my favorite websites to visit.

I agree - I wish I had found this site years ago - it blows me away with all the amazing information and photos from the past.

Happy to hear you guys found our site and are finding it interesting!

Given the amount of photos and information we still have to share about Great Adventure and that to date we have only shared a fraction of it, it's not too likely we will be putting the historical spin on another park anytime soon (even though we have SixFlagsHistory.com site waiting in the wings)!

We had a lot of challenges over the summer with our migration to a new server (which was necessary). I write most of the text for the updates as well as having been the point person on the migration and upgrades that have occurred and unfortunately I have to work a full time job and a part time job (generally about 60 hours a week between the two), and I would LOVE to have more time to devote to GreatAdventureHistory making updates and new spotlights as well as updating my own website, but there just isn't enough time in the day for all that I want to do. 

Harry and I are lucky to have two great moderators on here to help us out with the day to day stuff here on the forums, and we are working on possibly bringing on new contributors to help with the pages and spotlights. We have SO MANY big plans of what we would like to see and do with the site (all the links that are still inactive on the home pages give hints about that) and hopefully now that the back-end stuff is out of the way we can continue to grow and expand the site with great new stuff. Part of the challenge is that we keep getting new stuff to update and expand the existing spotlights and pages so then it turns into the decision of update something that already exists or create something new. 

Thank you for your continued support and patience! 

• Like 3

On 4/19/2017 at 12:52 AM, Mr.Anarchy said:

Id love for you to branch off and and launch another history website like Geauga lake,cedar point,six flags astroworld. Btw congrats on 10 years, i remember seeing the website in 2011 but just realized this tear that there was a fourms section... if i only knew:(

I hear you and I know I really want to eventually launch a Busch Gardens history website, and we would really like to eventually expand to have historic information for other Six Flags parks as well. 

If anyone has a passion for putting together historic information for other parks, I encourage you to put something together! I'd love to see every park eventually have a website on its history and I constantly find myself frustrated with the lack of historic detail about other parks. I don't know why I always expect that somebody else is as passionate about their home park as we are with ours. 

If you haven't seen them yet, there are a couple of other parks sites I enjoy: 

http://www.greatamericaparks.com/

https://www.tampapix.com/buschgardens10.htm

I love that there are so many Disney history pages, just wish every theme park had one...

25 minutes ago, GAcoaster said:

We had a lot of challenges over the summer with our migration to a new server (which was necessary). I write most of the text for the updates as well as having been the point person on the migration and upgrades that have occurred and unfortunately I have to work a full time job and a part time job (generally about 60 hours a week between the two), and I would LOVE to have more time to devote to GreatAdventureHistory making updates and new spotlights as well as updating my own website, but there just isn't enough time in the day for all that I want to do. 

Harry and I are lucky to have two great moderators on here to help us out with the day to day stuff here on the forums, and we are working on possibly bringing on new contributors to help with the pages and spotlights. We have SO MANY big plans of what we would like to see and do with the site (all the links that are still inactive on the home pages give hints about that) and hopefully now that the back-end stuff is out of the way we can continue to grow and expand the site with great new stuff. Part of the challenge is that we keep getting new stuff to update and expand the existing spotlights and pages so then it turns into the decision of update something that already exists or create something new. 

Thank you for your continued support and patience! 

This is a very gracious response. Nicely done.

I hope that everyone who frequents this site understands that nobody is getting paid for the work that goes into it. The bills at home must be taken care of and everyone should be grateful for what you can do in the little spare time you have.  You guys do a great job. I always hope for new content from a new post to updated or new spotlights. I always hope but I’m never disappointed, just grateful that there are people who devote their personal time to give me something I enjoy.

Thank you for doing that.

• Like 1