VOTE NOW FOR ALL YOUR FAVORITES FROM G.A. 2023 ×

Coasters that you wouldn't care if the park said they

Mrpq

Coaster removale   

45 members have voted

1. 1. You wouldnt be upset if they removed...

...were removing.

So I was thinking about this and there are a few coaster that I could say I honestly would not miss if the park announced they where going to remove them.

My top 3

1- Green Lantern

2-Suoerman

3-Batman

lets see what you guys think

PS if this is in the wrong section feel free to move it. I wasn't sure what the best spot would be

Edited by Yoshi
Moved to If I Ran The Park

I struggled with adding Ka but outside of the front row it's just rough and a one trick pony at this point. If they could sell or remove it and add a new launched coaster more like cheetah hunt, maybe even have it go into the safari, I'd definitely prefer that. I'd like to see Green Lantern turned into a sit down if possible or just taken out for a real sit down looper. Superman is ok but doesn't really offer enough elements to get excited about and the loading takes forever. Dark Knight is good for HITP but not much other than that.

I don't think selling Ka would make much sense. The amount it would be to do so, I think the other park would better off just buying the same ride brand new. I also don't think its worth it for Six Flags to take it down and relocate to another park.

Also you would be getting rid of two rides now if Ka was removed

I voted Joker. Yeah, it's new but I can't really see anything else going. The kids and family coasters need to stay. So do Park icons like Batman, Ka, Green Lantern (I said it) and Superman. Joker is also prime space if the park was to add a bigger coaster.

IDK, Id be disappointed if anything is removed unless to be replaced with something better. Though not all are popular,(and some are painful) it's great on slow days to hit up every ride in the park. Even Tango a few times.

I don't want to see anything removed since there isn't a coaster that I really don't like. If there were to be any coasters removed I voted for Joker and Kingda Ka. Joker because it's a short ride and I don't like the flipping that much and Kingda Ka because of the downtime and the coaster being rough and the maintenance costs must be really high.

I thought several years ago another park offered to buy it from SF for the price SF paid. Totally forgot about Zumajaro when putting my reply in. If we could get another good coaster and maybe a drop tower like Falcons Fury for Ka and Zum I'd be good with that. Definitely doubtful but just my thoughts.

The problem about Great Adventure is that they don't really have a coaster that is worth removing. I'd probably go with The Dark Knight Coaster but that coaster is still quite popular, possibly the most popular of the family coasters. I don't want Ka to be removed, even though it is rough with a lot of downtime. Kingda Ka is the signature attraction still and if it were to be removed cause a drastic decline in attendance.

I thought several years ago another park offered to buy it from SF for the price SF paid.

Why wouldn't they just buy it new? Even if it was a little more new. was a few extra bucks when you are already spending 25 million lol

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

I don't think selling Ka would make much sense. The amount it would be to do so, I think the other park would better off just buying the same ride brand new. I also don't think its worth it for Six Flags to take it down and relocate to another park.

Doesn't SF already have the same ride in some of its other parks?

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...

I think it's just the daily upkeep and operation of it that adds up more than other coasters.

Road Runner Railway doesn't have a minimum height requirement (if accompanied) and is 42" to ride alone and Harley Quinn Crazy Train's minimum height requirement is 41" to ride at all and 48" to ride alone. I think there would be a lot of unhappy kids and parents if it was removed (I understand why people are voting for it though since the poll is asking what coasters you wouldn't care about being removed and not what is best for the park).

Even though I voted for Kingda Ka and Joker I think I want to take back the vote for Kingda Ka. After riding in the front row twice this season, it's a lot better and I still like the coaster, it's just not one of my favorites in the park. I guess the same could be said about Joker that I said about Road Runner Railway. Even though I am not a fan of Joker, it's still good for the park because the coaster is something different and seems to be popular.

I'd probably go with HQ as well but I don't really want it removed as it'll hurt the ride collection for younger guests/families. To be honest, the park doesn't really have any coasters that are worthy of removal right now.

I'd probably go with HQ as well but I don't really want it removed as it'll hurt the ride collection for younger guests/families. To be honest, the park doesn't really have any coasters that are worthy of removal right now.

Agreed. I cant think of any I would remove.

I enjoy the current coaster selection. It would be even better if we had an additional coaster like Rolling Thunder with its smaller height requirement.

Agreed. I cant think of any I would remove.

I enjoy the current coaster selection. It would be even better if we had an additional coaster like Rolling Thunder with its smaller height requirement.

Speaking of which, on my last visit I saw just inside the front gate, a poster in the window of the store. The poster showed an aerial view of Rolling Thunder, still in operation, and also what seemed like El Toro completely constructed. I assume the coasters were never simultaneously in service. It would have been cool to keep RT and have both today.

On edit - I didn't realize El Toro went into operation way back in 2006, and RT was there until 2013. So why did they get rid of RT?

Edited by dougdrummer