VOTE NOW FOR ALL YOUR FAVORITES FROM G.A. 2023 ×

National Marble Tournament

29yrswithaGApass

I had no idea that the park ever hosted this tournament. I thought the tournament had always been in Wildwood but looked it up and it has been in Wildwood every year since 1960 except for this 1 year the tournament was held at Great Adventure.

http://www.shorenewstoday.com/wildwood/news/wildwood-and-marbles-have-a-long-history-together-tournament-evokes/article_10358127-a4ac-5a05-bc3c-9bb3d843f582.html

That's right, I forgot they hold it in Wildwood to this day. Interesting the Great Adventure got to host.

The best part of those pictures for me is seeing the backdrop of Swabinchen and the backdrop for the original Enterprise right next to each other. I remember seeing the back of Swabinchen for YEARS but that's the first time I saw the back of Enterprise.

SFGA2_MARBLES_0016_JUN76%20copy.jpg

I had no idea that the park ever hosted this tournament. I thought the tournament had always been in Wildwood but looked it up and it has been in Wildwood every year since 1960 except for this 1 year the tournament was held at Great Adventure.

http://www.shorenewstoday.com/wildwood/news/wildwood-and-marbles-have-a-long-history-together-tournament-evokes/article_10358127-a4ac-5a05-bc3c-9bb3d843f582.html

Nice article. This explains why I have only seen photos of this event at the park for one season! Make sense now.