VOTE NOW FOR ALL YOUR FAVORITES FROM G.A. 2023 ×

Weird house just south of the park.

Not sure if this is the right place as this topic isn't inside the park itself but right next door to it. If you are driving up from south of the park, going northbound on 357. There is a house next to the park that seems to have a pretty weird year round yard display featuring a punching dummy, and one to two skeletons, all dressed in construction gear. For awhile last year the punching dummy was hanging one of the skeletons, but the home owner does seem to change their display every so often. Wonder what the story is behind it?

Sometimes I drive up to the park on 537 northbound from Mt. Holly, but I don't really remember a house with a year round Halloween display. Last time I used 537 was in November.

Sometimes I drive up to the park on 537 northbound from Mt. Holly, but I don't really remember a house with a year round Halloween display. Last time I used 537 was in November.

That's the way I always drive, and this is not ringing any bells. I'll have to pay attention on Monday when I go. Is it before or after the employee entrance?

Are you talking about the house right on the corner by the employee entrance??

I believe that is it. Not sure if it is a Halloween display, some sort of protest, trolling, or they want to be featured in Weird NJ.

I believe that is it. Not sure if it is a Halloween display, some sort of protest, trolling, or they want to be featured in Weird NJ.

I know Years and years ago- when I was a kid, and guessing the owner still lived there, I remember there being a hand chair on the front lawn and signs about palm readings.

Later on in life I found out one of my old supervisors actually rented that house and lived there which is when I think all of that random stuff went away, so now maybe the owners are back in it?? As far as I know it's just a house probably with odd owners.

As far as I know it's just a house probably with odd owners.

there are many of those in the rural areas of south Jersey

many years ago there was a guy near Columbus on Route 206 that used to have a graveyard of planes, trains and automobiles, and he also lived in a teepee and had protest signs all over the place

there are many of those in the rural areas of south Jersey

many years ago there was a guy near Columbus on Route 206 that used to have a graveyard of planes, trains and automobiles, and he also lived in a teepee and had protest signs all over the place

Did he have an old steam locomotive out front painted white? There was a sign on it like "The Holy Ghost" or something? I remember going past something like that as a kid, but I never remember where it was. I always forget to ask my dad.

Did he have an old steam locomotive out front painted white? There was a sign on it like "The Holy Ghost" or something? I remember going past something like that as a kid, but I never remember where it was. I always forget to ask my dad.

That was the place! It was right across from the Columbus Flea Market. He had all kinds of airplane parts too. I think he died in the late 80s/early 90s and eventually they had to clean up the lot and sell the land. There is nothing there now nor any reminders of the past.

Its not the house right on the corner by the employee entrance, its the second house from it. The guy's current display is the two skeletons sitting in a old forklift.I did not see the punching dummy this time.

Edited by The Master

I purposely looked today and I could see nothing out of the ordinary. One of the houses had a demolition/garbage cart in the driveway, so they were probably doing some renovations. I didn't see anything in front of the five or so houses along that stretch of roadway,