VOTE NOW FOR ALL YOUR FAVORITES FROM G.A. 2023 ×

What about GA being a two-park resort like Universal Florida?

Although I have never been to the Universal Florida/Islands of Adventure park duet, I know a lot of people who have gone and give it high ratings. So I got to wondering if GA would benefit from this type of arrangement. I doubt they would have enough room to expand to create a whole new theme park section, so they would probably have to borrow some of the areas from GA to create a second park.

What are your thoughts? They could probably make more money on selling hopper-type multiday passes, especially if they include HH admittance separately.

While this would allow SF to grow, would it in essence screw fans and customers like us? Disney and Universal are known to constantly hike their daily ticket prices, which are already outrageous and part of why I haven't gone in several years.

In essence, is GA better off being one "bigger than Disney" park, or two smaller ones for which they could get into the park hopper/multi-day pass game?

And can they even do that if they don't have hotels/campgrounds on site?

Edited by dougdrummer

The possibility of Great Adv. being a destination resort is still likely-if they were willing to build a year-round hotel and indoor waterpark.

For Great Adv. to be a multi-park resort they would have to go back to having the safari being separate and start adding numerous unique attractions(more zip lines,elephant and camel rides,even adding a hotel and a killer whale show).

The possibility of Great Adv. being a destination resort is still likely-if they were willing to build a year-round hotel and indoor waterpark.

For Great Adv. to be a multi-park resort they would have to go back to having the safari being separate and start adding numerous unique attractions(more zip lines,elephant and camel rides,even adding a hotel and a killer whale show).

yeah - I saw the sea lion show and it was way lame. I sure hope they plan on having something more exciting than that later this summer. Shows in general are not GA's strong suit. They should never have gotten rid of the two stunt shows they had (Batman and Lethal Weapon).

yeah - I saw the sea lion show and it was way lame. I sure hope they plan on having something more exciting than that later this summer. Shows in general are not GA's strong suit. They should never have gotten rid of the two stunt shows they had (Batman and Lethal Weapon).

A few years ago at an SFA pre-season event for ACE the stunt team people there hinted that SF in general was doing away with the Batman stunt shows because the royalty fees were getting too expensive.At least SFA still has their "wild west stunt arena";hopefully SF will do something like that company-wide.