VOTE NOW FOR ALL YOUR FAVORITES FROM G.A. 2023 ×

Cedar Point July 6th & 7th

Mrpq

So as some of you know I have talked about planning a trip to Cedar Point this summer. Date are finally set. Leaving Long Island July 5th(travel day), going to the park Thursday and Friday (July 6th and 7th) and traveling back home Sat July 8th.

My fiancée already purchased the 2 day park tickets along with parking for both days.

I am going to order the Flash Pass Plus for one of the days but I am wondering which day would be the better, Thursday or Friday? I am thinking maybe Friday? Anyone have some impute as to which day they would get the Flash Pass Plus for and why? Only thing I am worried about is buying the Flash Pass and it rains that day and cant be swapped to the other day, but I guess that is out of my control. We where going to push the trip back till next year but vacation time might be tight as we are planning a two week Honey Moon for next summer. I always seem to be going to the Point the summer before a new coaster opens lol

I think you should wait until the day of to buy the fast lane so you can see what the crowds are like. If you're nervous about them selling out, maybe just buy 2 or 3 days in advance so you can at least see a moderately accurate weather prediction.

I don't know how often (or how early) they sell out, but when we went, we bought them about an hour after opening on our phones (to get the "online" discount) then picked them up in a gift shop.

My brother and his son used to make an annual pilgrimage to CP when they lived in Ohio, How does it compare in size to GAdv?

Acreage-wise, it's roughly the same size at Great Adventure's main park (not including HH or Safari), but they have a lot packed into the same area. 17 high quality coasters compared to our 13. (including Mean Streak under transformation)

Edited by Matt Kaiser

I think you should wait until the day of to buy the fast lane so you can see what the crowds are like. If you're nervous about them selling out, maybe just buy 2 or 3 days in advance so you can at least see a moderately accurate weather prediction.

I don't know how often (or how early) they sell out, but when we went, we bought them about an hour after opening on our phones (to get the "online" discount) then picked them up in a gift shop.

yeah, selling out is what I am worried about. I was leaning towards getting it for the Friday since in my head that would be a busier day than Thursday. I also notice the park is open till 12am Friday night. Thursday to Friday is also about a $20 difference in the fast pass plus but I am not concerned with that.

I just don't want to wait and it sell out. I would think the 4th of July crowd might have calmed down by that time too. July 2nd and 3rd was the original dates but we moved it to later in the week.

My brother and his son used to make an annual pilgrimage to CP when they lived in Ohio, How does it compare in size to GAdv?

when you are there CP feels huge compared to GA, but that might be just because everything is so tightly placed. but you really can not compare the two when going saying how does GA compare to CP, there is just no way GA can compare to CP in my opinion

yeah, selling out is what I am worried about. I was leaning towards getting it for the Friday since in my head that would be a busier day than Thursday. I also notice the park is open till 12am Friday night. Thursday to Friday is also about a $20 difference in the fast pass plus but I am not concerned with that.

I just don't want to wait and it sell out. I would think the 4th of July crowd might have calmed down by that time too. July 2nd and 3rd was the original dates but we moved it to later in the week.

I forgot how close it is to July 4th. I would just buy it for Friday, then. Cedar Fair's fast lane system is absurdly unfair in favor of fast-laners. You basically walk right onto the ride, absolutely no wait, no reservation, etc. You could re-ride the same coaster 10 times in 15-20 minutes, meanwhile guests are waiting in a 2 hour line to ride once. It's almost impossible and frustrating to go without fast lane on a moderately crowded day.

So, one day with fast lane should get you on every coaster that day. Being open until midnight is also great for bonus fast-lane time.

Edited by Matt Kaiser

Yeah, that was my plan in the begin spend a normal day at the park Thursday (assuming its less crowded than Friday) than go with the flash pass plus on Friday and not have to worry about lines. Id hope the fast past gets me on every coaster multiple times in one day lol

I head that was the case with the flash passes. Do they assign you rows with the pass you just merge in with the rest of the line as you get to the station?

You get to pick what row you want with the merge point usually right before the station or a separate entrance to the station. Some lines like Millennium Force and Top Thrill Dragster merge earlier, at those rides, the merge point is at the ramps going to the station.

ahhhhh ok. I thought with the fast pass you would be assigned a row, I never got a fast past so this is all new to me. I think one day as a normal day and one day as a fast pass will be good and be able to get everything done

I remember they assigned us a row on Valravn last year. Also on Fury 325 when we went to Carowinds. They would usually let you wait for a row at most rides if they are assigning, but they were pretty mean/strict at Valravn about sitting your butt in the seat as fast as possible.

Edited by Matt Kaiser

Maybe because it was the first year of it open? I mean I don't need front row every ride, but at least once would be nice on each coaster. I used to wait for front row on ever coaster I ever road, but I learned its always worth the wait. Got to grow up sometime lol

hmmm interesting. I am pretty excited for this trip. I haven't been there since the year before they built maverick, so there are some nice editions I am looking forward to checking out.

Do we think the water park would be worth it? I personally don't mind skipping it but I know once my fiancée sees they have one she might suggest using one of the 2 day pass tickets for the water park

The times I went with my friends with a 2 day pass, we spent the 1st day at the park, the 2nd day started off in the park, then went to the water park early afternoon for a few hours and then back to the park for the rest of the night.

You can split the same day in half between the water park and regular park with those tickets? I thought once u used it in the regular park that day was done as far as reusing the ticket the water park?

When we had the combo pass we were able to and did it for several years. I just read the details on the web site and it even though the wording is a little confusing it says you can use "2 days at both parks on the same day". So I guess you cannot.

Our package including staying in the resort so I don't know if that made a difference.

So starting to make final game plans for the trip. Thinking of hitting the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame Wed during the day on the way there and seeing if there is anything to do at night on Wed. Does anyone know or recommend any good bars or places to eat in that area? Even maybe a brewery? We try to stop at local breweries when ever we travel. I found Kelleys Island Brewery and Catawbas seems interesting

Edited by Mrpq

At Kings Dominion I didn't plan on trying Fast Lane. It was a birthday surprise. I was impressed with how smooth it went to be honest. I think it's worth it on crowded days.

I am deff buying it, no question, Just holding off to see what day as far as weather goes. I keep checking the weather channel and it keeps going back and forth even though it is still a little early to tell.