VOTE NOW FOR ALL YOUR FAVORITES FROM G.A. 2023 ×

What Would You Like to See Happen With Old Country?

What Would You Like to See For Old Country?  

24 members have voted

1. 1. What Would You Like to See For Old Country?

• Newly Themed Flats Package
    • Newly Themed Roller Coaster
    • Revival of Old Country Rides/Theme

With the recent addition of Justice League, the remnants of Old Country are an increasingly apparent eye sore and road block to traffic flow in the area. What are your thoughts on managing/improving this area?

Edited by Tbone112499

I think Great Adv. should go ahead and re-theme that whole area to either "Warner Bros Studios" or "DC Universe".They could add new flats like an Enterprise and retheme Nitro to Wonder Woman.

Sounds like a good idea. Would they change the name/appearance of the picnic grounds or just leave it as is? Are they ever going to do anything with the Showcase Theater? Do other SF parks have Marvel-themed shows?

I feel it will feature a Discovery (Two-Face or Poison Ivy) reusing Autobhan as the queue house, relocate Swashbuckler and retheme it to Wonder Woman (where the enterprise was), there should also be something where stuntman was (a boomarang [Captain Boomarang or Mr. Frezze: Reverse Blast] or an Impulse [Poison Ivy Twister or Scarecrow], any other ideas?), I was also thinking of that Zamperla plane ride or flying scooters (Scarecrow's Biplane's) as well.

As for Nitro and the rest: Nitro-The Riddler[because Magic Mountain's is right next to Batman (or Chang/Green Lantern and T[3]), Congo Rpaids-Penguin, Seaport+ Safari Kids= DC Super Hero Girls (or DC Super Friends) area, then Skull Mountain is the only thing preventing Buccaneer from becoming Killer Croc

I feel like the removal of Autobahn is imminent in the near future (3-5 years). And I also think Swashbuckler would work well in the Enterprise's ride pad. If the went the DC themed route call it "Flash Speedforce". It would save them the trouble of repainting the ride.

I would start by removing the old Autobahn building and Batman Stunt Arena. I would place a Frisbee where the Autobahn arena is, and a GCI wooden coaster or Wicked Cyclone sized RMC I-Box in the arena/old Freefall footprint. I would give the Showcase Theater a facelift inside and out, putting daily shows in there throughout the year. Lastly, I would update the backlot Macho Navho and retrofit it with a sitdown bar area like in PDC.

This would ideally take place from 2018-2020. JL was a great step but the area still feels very incomplete and empty. This would go a great way in restoring the area.

Why not enclose and convert Autobahn into a Oktoberfest-type facility, similar to the one in Busch Gardens Williamsburg? I know it wouldn't be nearly as big as that one, but it would seem to fit next to the picnic grove. They could make profits off serving special food and beer, and have polka band-type entertainment. I believe GA has had other Oktoberfest facilities over the years, although mostly temporary. An Oktoberfest-themed facility would also be a hit during Frightfest and HITP.

Why not enclose and convert Autobahn into a Oktoberfest-type facility, similar to the one in Busch Gardens Williamsburg? I know it wouldn't be nearly as big as that one, but it would seem to fit next to the picnic grove. They could make profits off serving special food and beer, and have polka band-type entertainment. I believe GA has had other Oktoberfest facilities over the years, although mostly temporary. An Oktoberfest-themed facility would also be a hit during Frightfest and HITP.

We've already got a large Fest Haus in the picnic grove that has been used for Oktoberfest in the past.

As much as I want to see the Old Country theme to be reused of they expand into the area, it would feel strange walking into a Oktoberfest themed area from a super hero themed area. If they were to reopen the area, I could see it rethemed to Metropolis with several flats being added hopefully for next year.

• 2 months later...

Hello all, new to the forums. Long time GADV visitor since 70s pass holder late 90s  early 2000s. Just got the 17-18 pass.  A lot of good things to say but just as many sad things and the area of Old Country is one of them. Many parks undergo changes, but none so as drastic as SFGADV it seems. More removals, re-themes and abandonments for I imagine, budgetary issues and what exists now is a park that feels well developed in some places and underwhelming in others. My biggest gripe is the removal of classic attractions that provide this park with some sense of its nostalgia, albeit flat rides and family rides like the Enterprise or Music Express. Understood the 1999 War on Lines was a bust and so many of those flats were removed due to understaffing and mech problems, but boy it just feels like, in so many places this park is entirely lacking.  I'd ask for a return of a big splasher water ride - the park seriously misses this, although I'm sure they wouldn't invest in such feeling in only detracts from the water park. Let's face it, Log Flume and CRR, while good attractions are hit or miss on cooling you off.  if not this how excellent might it be if Old Country, albeit small was a tribute to GA past, possibly themed to and with attractions that recall an earlier time.  Would be so cool for this park to embrace it's rich history somehow and provide it some sense of legacy. Of course, this doesn't exactly boost ticket sales, so it's just a wish mores than a realistic suggestion.

Edited by rceracreations
correction