VOTE NOW FOR ALL YOUR FAVORITES FROM G.A. 2023 ×

Gr.Adv.Debate #43: Only one "big bucks" project

Only one "big bucks" project  

25 members have voted

1. 1. Putting aside their current status today, if Great Adventure only had the option of choosing one of its "high cost" investments of the past, which one do you think would be the right one to fund?

• 1999: War On Lines - Over 25 new rides including three coasters
    • 2000: Hurricane Harbor Water Park
    • 2005: Golden Kingdom including Kingda Ka, Temple of Tiger, Balin's Jungleland, etc.
    • 2006: Plaza Del Carnaval including El Toro and Tango plus Bugs Bunny National Park

I would have chosen War on Lines if I am deciding for me personally but I voted for Hurricane Harbor for what is best for Great Adventure. A full size additional park (not something like Hershey's Boardwalk) was good for the size of the crowds the park gets and helps spread out crowds between the water park and theme park and also helps Great Adventure become more of a destination park.

I would have chosen War on Lines if I am deciding for me personally but I voted for Hurricane Harbor for what is best for Great Adventure. A full size additional park (not something like Hershey's Boardwalk) was good for the size of the crowds the park gets and helps spread out crowds between the water park and theme park and also helps Great Adventure become more of a destination park.

I felt the same way when I voted for HH. Nicely said

• 4 months later...
On 8/8/2017 at 10:51 PM, RC98 said:

Although my favorite is 2006 because of El Toro, Hurricane Harbor added a second gate to our property and was pretty well themed when it first opened so I picked it.

It also turned the park into a Multi Day Attraction (If they added a Hotel, I'd say resort)

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 years later...

All were important, with Golden Kingdom arguably being the most important as it gave the park the height and speed champion of the world and the publicity that came with it, but El Toro is the greatest wooden roller coaster ever built so Plaza Del Carnaval gets my vote.